Red recaro seat refurb

Parry

Advanced Member
Hey guys,
Just wondering has anybody had the recaro upper seat bolster on the outside of the drivers seat refurbed with the foam bolster and the cover?
If so where did you get these items from as apparently can‘t get the upper ones, got the lower bolster from capital seating and I think they do the cover aswell.
Any suggestions or advice welcome as the upper material on the bolster has started peeling but could do with the foam aswell.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Parry said:
Hey guys,
Just wondering has anybody had the recaro upper seat bolster on the outside of the drivers seat refurbed with the foam bolster and the cover?
If so where did you get these items from as apparently can‘t get the upper ones, got the lower bolster from capital seating and I think they do the cover aswell.
Any suggestions or advice welcome as the upper material on the bolster has started peeling but could do with the foam aswell.
My drivers upper bolster has slight wear and I looked into this.

I replaced lower foam myself and the fabric was fine but the uppers not so easy mate so I‘ve just put seat covers on to prevent it getting worse.

This is what Chris at Capital Seating said after he and I discussed it and images I sent him:

The problem/issue you may find is that being as this will be replaced as a NEW red trim panel it will probably (being nice) not match the rest of the seat colour. Obviously over the years the colour will have changed since they were first fitted.

If it was me and I actually had money I would suggest re-trimming the complete side bolsters of the seat to match NOT the centres. I wouldn‘t suggest changing the centres.

We would charge £300 + VAT including embroidering the Recaro logo again per seat.

Not a cheap fix I‘m afraid mate

Parry

Advanced Member
Thanks Carl that‘s what I had imagined that it would be a whole top cover.
I‘ll be replacing the lower and to prevent any further damage swopping the top assembly with the passengers for the moment.
So would that include the foam bolster on the drivers seat outside as think that may be required aswell.
Anybody tried Honda for a laugh as believe that these seats come in pieces and not complete?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi mate the price I believe was just the red fabric and recaro re stitch mate (doesn‘t include the foam). Lower foam was pretty easy (fiddly and annoying) but I managed it. Just buy the Capital seating seat cover to prevent any additional wear mate

Parry

Advanced Member
Okay who wants a chuckle spoke to my local Honda dealer today to find out prices for the foam seatback only and the fabric seatback only. The foam seatback is £1483+vat and the fabric seatback is £800+vat 😱
I was expecting them to be expensive but geeze!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Okay who wants a chuckle spoke to my local Honda dealer today to find out prices for the foam seatback only and the fabric seatback only. The foam seatback is £1483+vat and the fabric seatback is £800+vat
I was expecting them to be expensive but geeze!
Better off buying different and new seats lol... Mines not gotten any worse as it has the cover on so leaving them on so it remains in good shape lol.