Red steering wheel stitching

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Don't know if this has effected others but my steering wheel stitching has faded from red and was more of a dirty white. On a past car I had the same problem, cured with food dye. So I did the same on the DC5 today, I think the bottle was 60p, and has done the job really nicely.

Scrape any dirt off the existing stitching, Brush on the dye with a small paintbrush, wipe off excess.

It doesn't really photo well but it's come up ten times better for 60p.

Before

After

Dan

Ramz007

Advanced Member
Haha, yeah mine has faded a few times on the Momo wheel i had.

I just used a red pen and it would last for around 3 months lol

Good tip man!

bennn

Advanced Member
I used a red permanent marker on mine and it came out very red.

Before

After

Looks like your wheel would benefit from a going over with one of these too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Pack-Magic-Cleaning-Sponge-Magic-Eraser-Stain-Remover-Pad-Uk-Seller-New-/271142576004?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item3f215b5f84

Will take all the dirt off it and leave you with a nice matte finish like when it was new. The crappy iPhone pics of mine don't really do it justice!

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
I've been after some of them to take the shine off. Just bought some from that link cheers, and may try with a red marker too.

And yup donkeykong, 2 minutes work and about £3. Why not!

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Looking good guys, I have some of these magic sponges waiting for me back in the UK.

With your last pic Ramz I noticed the glove box looks shiny compared to the steering wheel do you think they'll have the same effect on the dash?

Ramz007

Advanced Member
Yeah! Similar material so why not give it a go :)

Ive got another 12 sponges left so i may have at it on the glovebox - although that did not bother me much.

Although open the doors and then give it a go as alot of residue comes of the sponges. I inhaled some aswell!

After i sponged the steering wheel i used a wet wipe to get rid of the residue and it was matt once dried :)

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Sounds good I can't wait to get back and give the car a wash. Let me know if you have a go with the glove box bud.

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
My interior was the same when I bought it, someone had used a dash shine on all of the plastics which personally I hate. It's weathered off over a couple of weeks and looks so much better now it's a more Matt/satin finish,

Mark_teg

Staff member
dc55_11 said:
I must be the only one that likes the shiny finish on mine :D
You aren't, I do too 👍

Different tickles for different pickles, as I was told the other day :)

truupR

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Different tickles for different pickles, as I was told the other day :)
You really need to stop hanging around with your current group of friends mark.... lol