Registering a DC5

AlasdairM

Does anyone have a guide or have any tips for registering a DC5 in the UK? Specifically with what to fill in on the V55/5. The bit I‘m trying to get my head round is the tax banding, if I put the car as PLG, but have the emissions figure, won‘t the DVLA change the tax banding to whatever suits the emissions figure? Any other tips on registering it will be greatly appreciated though!

Cheers.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Tick the PLG, I was told that‘s the best way by the guy that imported mine, otherwise you‘ll end up with higher RFL fees.

Dan B

Have a look on YouTube for a channel called "ProjectFordUK" he's doing a step by step guide to importing a car from Japan with his Evo 6.

He's using the same company as us and he shows you how to fill in the form (via a download) on his "registering a car" video as well as all the forms and documents you'll need to send to the DVLA. It's a really interesting little series and it gives you a rough time line of each stage involved, he gets to the point without all the usual youtuber filler rubbish which is really refreshing to see!

Can't be long now until yours finally arrives!

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

AlasdairM

Dan B said:
Have a look on YouTube for a channel called "ProjectFordUK" he's doing a step by step guide to importing a car from Japan with his Evo 6.

He's using the same company as us and he shows you how to fill in the form (via a download) on his "registering a car" video as well as all the forms and documents you'll need to send to the DVLA. It's a really interesting little series and it gives you a rough time line of each stage involved, he gets to the point without all the usual youtuber filler rubbish which is really refreshing to see!

Can't be long now until yours finally arrives!

Ah great cheers dan! Will take a look, pretty sure i‘ve got everything covered but the more info I have the better 😁

Dan B

AlasdairM said:
Ah great cheers dan! Will take a look, pretty sure i‘ve got everything covered but the more info I have the better
I've found it a great help with bringing mine over and what to expect at each stage! Like you, the only thing I'm not 100% on is the V55/5 but it doesn't seem that complicated now!

AlasdairM

Dan B said:
I've found it a great help with bringing mine over and what to expect at each stage! Like you, the only thing I'm not 100% on is the V55/5 but it doesn't seem that complicated now!

When‘s yours due? Mines meant to be Janurary 26th!

Dan B

AlasdairM said:
When‘s yours due? Mines meant to be Janurary 26th!
Mid February apparently, I've not got an exact date yet