Registration question.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Hi, my Dc5 is a Y reg and I‘ve found a private plate that is DC51. Now I know with cars you buy in the uk you can‘t make the car look newer than it is by putting a newer private plate on. However, my car comes up as the first registration date being 2015 (when it was imported) has anyone managed to put a newer plate on their Dc5 than the actual production year? I‘m presuming the answer will be no but you never know.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Surely it‘s on the year of first registration, and although in the uk was 2015, it would have been registered in Japan long before then and all the import documents would have shown that when registering it for uk roads. I‘m guessing the answer will be no, but contact the DVLA and ask. :) they will be the ones who‘ll give you a definite answer

p1tse

Advanced Member
Don‘t think that logic works

Unfortunately yours isn‘t a 51 plate and being a Y, you‘ll need Y and below and not newer reg layout

big-pete

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Surely it‘s on the year of first registration, and although in the uk was 2015, it would have been registered in Japan long before then and all the import documents would have shown that when registering it for uk roads. I‘m guessing the answer will be no, but contact the DVLA and ask. :) they will be the ones who‘ll give you a definite answer
i was wondering this also.

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/help/questions-before-a-purchase.html

as my teg is a "2016" import and first register i could put a 16 plate on it, but yeah id ring the DVLA and see what they say.

impne

Advanced Member
Plate has to be earlier than date car was originally registered in my case in Japan on the 31st December 2001 even though it was brought into this country in 2016

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Don‘t think that logic works

Unfortunately yours isn‘t a 51 plate and being a Y, you‘ll need Y and below and not newer reg layout
This is correct...

You can make a car look older with a registration but not newer (that's for any private plate no matter of where the car originated I'm afraid

Kenz

Advanced Member
I didn‘t think it would be possible to be fair, just thought it was worth asking to see if anyone had already done it.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I didn‘t think it would be possible to be fair, just thought it was worth asking to see if anyone had already done it.

Afraid not buddy :-(

Get Y0 K20 lol

impne

Advanced Member
When I had my first one back in the day a lot of people got T66 then their initials which I did T66KLA
It was because the T66 looked a bit like TEG
It‘s funny now how many T66‘s are about and similar on all sorts of cars, some I guess people who used to have a teg a few years back
Did our forum start the trend 😂

dave7368

Advanced Member
i remember seeing a DC2 a few years back at some shows on an 07 plate, not sure how that would work though.. also, not much help.. sorry. ha...

Chewy

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
i remember seeing a DC2 a few years back at some shows on an 07 plate, not sure how that would work though.. also, not much help.. sorry. ha...
I was going to mention this as we saw it at a show earlier on In the year.

God only knows how they got a DC2 on a 07 reg.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Chewy said:

The Phoenix yellow one? I‘ve seen that on Instagram. I believe that was imported to the Channel Islands in 2007, and then he brought it to England.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
The Phoenix yellow one? I‘ve seen that on Instagram. I believe that was imported to the Channel Islands in 2007, and then he brought it to England.

Oh.... that means there 2?!?

The one we saw a Jdm champ white.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member

I know the car you mean from the DC2 forum as was active on there highly until buying the DC5 and still go on occasionally, it was an error at the point of import and never got rectified, how the DVLA and VOSA let it carry on and never changed it is beyond me but it still rolls about on that plate.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
It was probably unregistered then put on a 07 plate. Quite a few old cars like that