Remap Hype!

Freya

Advanced Member
I've just booked teggy in for a remap.....parted with the dollar and it's a done deal!!! Yay!

I hope it's worth it.....

I'm presuming a fair few teg owners have paid up for this mod...were you all happy with it??

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I was reading an article earlier on Civinfo that claims you don't need Hondata for a remap. I have no knowledge at all on how you tune or map an ECU but it also says that Hondata will only allow the tuner to change certain parts of the OEM map and that if you remap the stock ECU without Hondata you can access many more features. I'll post a link below, defiantly worth having a link about imo.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/62147-civic-fn2-ecu-remap-no-hondata-required.html

Mark_teg

Staff member
LewisK20 said:
I was reading an article earlier on Civinfo that claims you don't need Hondata for a remap. I have no knowledge at all on how you tune or map an ECU but it also says that Hondata will only allow the tuner to change certain parts of the OEM map and that if you remap the stock ECU without Hondata you can access many more features. I'll post a link below, defiantly worth having a link about imo.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/62147-civic-fn2-ecu-remap-no-hondata-required.html
That's rubbish mate! The Hondata motherboard is installed to allow the parameters to be changed, otherwise they are 'fixed'.

EDIT: Just read the link, fn2 & fd2 ECUs are different to ours ;)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Don't they tune Honda's in Japan off the standard ECU with a piggyback no?

It can be done, my old B20 was mapped on a piggyback ECU however I believe to improve the overall running of a car that's modified then a standalone ECU is the way forward.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
sounds good what ECU is that on ? did you find a place local ? will be good to see how 'he' go's when done :xvtec: :xgrin:

Freya

Advanced Member
Haha Ben hush up ;) lol

Hondata K100 Mr Phil, Eurospec in Guildford are doing it :) pro :p he will be even more of a little beast haha!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeh I have an exhaust, intake and mani so hoping for a big difference :) exciting times!!!
Remap made a massive difference to mine was very pleased with the outcome (albeit I'm not running Hondata so can only comment for a wire in ECU)

Let us know how you get on once it's done ;)

Gordon

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I'll be interested to see what you think of it after it's been remapped. I'm hoping to get mine remapped this year just need to get myself a new manifold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
Think this will be one of my first mods after all the reading ive done. Hope it goes well for you!

Is there a list of Hondata tuners / installers anywhere ? So i can see whos recommended near me