Remap!

yeezy

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Hope you all well.

After 3 years of ownership, I have finally managed to purchase all the items below and got them fitted by Honda HQ (genuine guys, and very knowledgeable) today.

1: J's racing B pipe & Back box

2: Spoon tapared 70mm throttle body.

3: Skunk 2 70mm inlet manifold

4: Spoon 4-2 exhaust manifold

5: Spoon 2-1 exhaust manifold

6: Groupee M induction

7: Sjunk 2 fuel rail

8: Kpro V2 or V3 fully customisable.

I'm in 2 minds to whether to take it to Romain at Euro spec, or to Chris at EFI-parts.

I have heard a lot of the members rate Romain highly, but because I am based in the midlands, I dont really fancy going down south just to remap.

Have anybody use Chris for remaping before? If so, were you happy with the results?

Thanks in advance guys.

Best regards

Yeezy

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris at EFI has been recommended before on here. Indi has used him with high praise. As you'll be aware you want that mapping sharpish with all those mods going on.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Chris at EFI has been recommended before on here. Indi has used him with high praise. As you'll be aware you want that mapping sharpish with all those mods going on.
Yeah to echo that, I wouldn't go putting your foot down anytime soon until mapped.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Get a map from who is the closest recommended, if it goes wrong or you need a tweak in the future you don't want to be there and back, over and over.

yeezy

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Yeah to echo that, I wouldn't go putting your foot down anytime soon until mapped.

I have a map on my k pro with similar mods on from the previous owner. Just want to get a fresh map that suits my mods and my requirements.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
yeezy said:
I have a map on my k pro with similar mods on from the previous owner. Just want to get a fresh map that suits my mods and my requirements.
No worries mate, you never know and just wanted to make sure you didn't do any damage.

yeezy

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
No worries mate, you never know and just wanted to make sure you didn't do any damage.

Cheers dude :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mines on the map it was on from the previous owner and it was done by Romain, I have no issues with it so if he is the most local then it's a good safe bet the map will be fine. I have heard others getting higher numbers from maps with other mappers but I personally have no experience of this and will only be changing my map when I get more power mods on the car (if I do at all).

However Romain has a great after service, I have spoken to him about a few things on Facebook relating to my map and he always answers and explains things to help as best he can.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Just remember the numbers don't mean anything except pub bragging.

It's the before and after comparison you need, and look at percentage increase of the two, rather than numbers. Mid range is usually the biggest improvement too.

My last car went from a 222bhp, to a 236bhp from the previous map. So give or take 7% increase. If that was on a more generous dyno, a 240 starting figure (as appears to be the bolt on mapped general figure at some) would come out at 257.....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Just remember the numbers don't mean anything except pub bragging.

It's the before and after comparison you need, and look at percentage increase of the two, rather than numbers. Mid range is usually the biggest improvement too.

My last car went from a 222bhp, to a 236bhp from the previous map. So give or take 7% increase. If that was on a more generous dyno, a 240 starting figure (as appears to be the bolt on mapped general figure at some) would come out at 257.....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Agreed, mine only got 226 on its last run before I brought it (without RBC etc) but it's smooth and pulls strong throughout and feels very alive with a good pickup so I am happy with it and the map

Linus27

Advanced Member
Mine has just been remapped by Romain (who mapped it previously) and the car is totally different. So more alive and pulls much more in the lower gears.

yeezy

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Mine has just been remapped by Romain (who mapped it previously) and the car is totally different. So more alive and pulls much more in the lower gears.
Thats good to hear mate. What about fueling? Has it improved ever since the map or decreased from previously? Been told that Romain is good at getting every ounce of power from the mods and engine etc but tend to run more on fueling which is the only negative with his work. Whats your thoughts?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Thats good to hear mate. What about fueling? Has it improved ever since the map or decreased from previously? Been told that Romain is good at getting every ounce of power from the mods and engine etc but tend to run more on fueling which is the only negative with his work. Whats your thoughts?
I can't say as it was only done a couple of weeks back and I have only driven the car two or three times. Its more of a track car anyway and I only do about 3k miles a year.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
100% Chris at EFI. Quite a few have had issues with Romain and I didn‘t rate his map on my car that much.

yeezy

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
100% Chris at EFI. Quite a few have had issues with Romain and I didn‘t rate his map on my car that much.
Hi mate, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I managed to secure an appointment with Chris at EFI this Sunday at 3pm. Luckily someone dropped out. if not would have been 3-4 weeks wait.

What is it that you dont rate of romain work? Just out of curiosity?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
My map wasn't particularly smooth at part throttle, it seemed to me it had been tuned at full throttle only. If you search the ITR page on Facebook you will see other people with similar experiences, plus even worse stories.

I had it done again by Performance Autoworks and it was miles better in every way.

FireDance

Advanced Member
We have a lot of great feedback about Romain & his mapping. The only issue is he is very busy & booked for a few weeks in advance! I know TGM use him for their mapping also

I have heard good things about other tuners too, TDi North are always busy.