Remaps

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Just curious about these type of 'remaps'. Surely they cant be any good, they claim to be able to do the DC5 and have done two in the past. Would they be 'piggy back' type and any good?

Seems a little cheap and tacky :-k [-( Ive asked for read outs of the ones they have done before and the gains they experienced.

RACEBITS said:
Remap and Dyno day December 2010

Ok as the other 2 remaps were so popular we are going to try another one in December.

HERES A PROMO OF THE LAST ONES WE DONE SHOWING A VARIATION OF CARS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTfIC9IRFZs

Location: Lodge Forge Industrial estate, HI-Tec motorsport (Redbitsdoing remaps) Postcode: B64 7RW

Time and date: 9am date to be announced we are looking at early December I think maybe the first Sunday but this will be confirmed later.

There will be 3 options this time and we need 20 cars for the go ahead. As soon as we have 20 we will start taking deposits.

Option 1:

Dyno before Live Remap on the rollers and Dyno Final Results after £175
(Deposit £30 of which to be paid in advance)

Option 2:

Dyno run £30
(Deposit £10 of which to be paid in advance)

Option 3:
Remap only £110
(Deposit £20 of which to be paid in advance)

Deposits are NON refundable.

Remaps are done by Redbits who I‘ve seen do over 50 remaps now. These guys seriously know their stuff! They can spot faults on the Dyno before running the car properly. In some cases they can rectify power issues but this is not guaranteed.

Answers to questions:

Are you going to have time to do 20+ 30+ or even 40+ cars in a day?

The answer is YES! We have done 33 cars in a day and we had spare time after too!

My mate had a remap and it took a few hours for them to do it how can these be custom if it doesn‘t take long to do them?

This question is asked a lot and if you want someone to spend hours on your car when they don‘t need to then fine I‘m sure we can arrange something and charge accordingly. The fact remains though the guys from Redbits are professionals and have mapped 1000‘s of cars and they take the right amount of time needed per car. It‘s often pointless having a remap that takes several hours unless you are running some really serious modification and you want everything very finely tuned.

What sort of remap do I get? And what gains can I expect?

You get a custom remap specific to your car. The remap people will remap your car to the best they possibly can. This may involve more time on the rollers or maybe less than others. It all depends how the map is taken by your car. Average gains are 10% note this is AVERAGE! It does not mean your car will get a 10% gain, it may get less than 10% or it is possible to get more than 10% this statement is a guide NOT a guarantee!

My car may have a fault what should I do?

If possible make sure you rectify known faults on your car before you go for a remap. People get disappointed if their car isn‘t remapped to what they would like it to be due to a fault on the car. This is down to you to make sure your car is in good order.

What should I do to prepare before a remap?

Well there are many things you can do, having the car serviced is best if possible. If needed you may want to add some fuel additives not for the remap but beforehand, but that is up to you. Also give the car a good run and/or rag. It‘s sometimes the case people drive like a Sunday driver often and may experience a bit less gains. Common causes are glazed cat and partially blocked exhausts so give your car a good blast.

I want to know what gains have others got with the same car can you tell me if I tell you what car I have got?

If you wish to know what others with the same car have got just ask and ill look in my records to see if we have done a car like yours.

I‘ve tried to get my car remapped before and other companies say they can‘t do it but can you do it?

This has been asked a few times and it‘s often the case that we can do your car. If in doubt just ask and we will tell you. Also your car will need a diagnostics port to be remapped, most if not all cars from 1996 onwards have one.

My car is standard will I benefit from a remap?

Yes you can get added power and torque from a remap as well as gains in mpg so your car will be better on fuel as well as more powerful.

Can you remap automatic cars and will there be any improvement?

Yes automatics can be remapped and there has been a few automatics remapped with good gains. Also cars with disability aids can be done (mondeo‘s anyway) if you have aids in your car its best to post up some photo‘s if the diagnostics port may not be accessible because of the disability aids. It should still be possible to pop out the diagnostic port without removing any of the disability aids.

Is there anything else a remap will do to my car?

Your car engine may be quieter or louder especially diesels.It‘s impossible to tell which way but it‘s usually not by a lot either way. You may also find flat spots cured (this is not guaranteed) many people have stated this has happened on their car.

If you wish to buy anything from http://www.racebits.co.uk please let us know it can be collected on the day. Hid kits will be available for £35 and induction/cone filter kits £30 as well as many more things on Shaun‘s website.

We are going to need 20 cars for the go ahead on this one.Please express your interest, tell your friends and family etc. If you have already had a remap you could always tell/show people you know the results.

eXceed

Resident Driver
You can't remap without a kpro as far as I know. And from experience with these kinds of places in my derv, they have absolutely NO clue what they are doing - turn boost up and leave all other parameters alone.

Civic Si

Hi m8

Go for K Pro or a K100, I've just had K Pro fitted, and now that its been properly mapped and set up its awsum ! Totally transformed the Teg, I've got other mods, and its making 248 bhp - well happy

I can put you in touch with the young man that did it if you pm me m8 - Si, ( Will at RDT in Harworth ph 07500 702615 )

Kin awsum tuning m8 ! - Si.