Remove the flange of 180 km / h

logandu62

Advanced Member
Hello, I still have the flange of 180 km / h and it is a hassle can track :) it is possible to remove it without a KPro or k100? Thank you

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
lol, yes logan, theres a few ways,

here we fit a convertor to the VSS so the dash reads in MPH instead of KMH , obviously that could be a bit more difficult for you over there but its a cheap option (£50-70 for a quality version and simple to fit)

i dont think you can fit one and just lose the speed limiter though . so the other option is to use a HKS SLD (speed limit defencer) which just does the speed, not sure on price because we all need the mph conversion no one really uses it.

HKS SLD Type1 - 4502-RA002

logandu62

Advanced Member
Okay thank you :) yes I will see to HKS living in France since the km / h is easier for me :) I had a chip in my gearbox and I did not have the flange but I 'had to be removed to homologate in my country and now as my digital counter and handed in KM / h it's a hassle can :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
thats it, any HKS dealer can supply this, normally would be a stock item

mickyc

I'm Interested in this Topic as i was wondering how the speed limiter can be removed recently without having to go down the KPro or k100 route.

Anyone know if this HKS SLD (Speed Limit Defencer) is an easy fit?

Saint Matt

Advanced Member

mickyc

Mine has been converted from kmh to mph, but has a speed limitier of the said 112mph, just hoping that someone has had some experiance in this HKS SLD (Speed Limitier Defence)

spooke

Advanced Member
mickyc said:
Mine has been converted from kmh to mph, but has a speed limitier of the said 112mph, just hoping that someone has had some experiance in this HKS SLD (Speed Limitier Defence)
What unit was used to convert it? It could be that it has the option to delimit too with some more wiring work.

mickyc

spooke said:
What unit was used to convert it? It could be that it has the option to delimit too with some more wiring work.
Unfortunately, i am unsure as the DC5 was from Bristol Imports Centre back when my Friend originally got this, then my Cousin and finally me.

So, can i assume that it could be a wiring issue at fault that was not correctly wired. Also, if i took it to a reputable dealer/garage, they could check and resolve this

logandu62

Advanced Member
I still have to remove the chip :) bride, she takes off the bridle and converted into MP / H living in France I remove my counter for 180 km / h Maios so I retrieve the brideo: / if someone one wants I can look after :) but often put the importer of origin as torque GT, which also sells a box that plugs into the original ECU

mickyc

Saint Matt said:
Yes, definitely. If you're anywhere near the midlands you can bring it to me and I'll sort it for you :)
Thanks, i will get in touch if i am near the midlands next time.