Removing a/c

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Had a quick search with no luck hoping someone can answer my question quick.

Went to gas the system last week as it hadn't worked since I bought the car, found the bracket on the tb has worn through the pipe so instead of fixing I'm just going to remove the system. Can anyone tell me what short belt I need?

Thanks

miki1212

Advanced Member
no idea why, but surely fixing the pipe is easier than removing the system, you must have wanted it working or you wouldnt have bothered gassing it in the first place...??

BenLAST

Advanced Member
The re-gas was going to be free so I thought I'd get it done while I can, Ive never once used air con in previous cars that have had it haha so it's unessessary weight really

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
BenLAST said:
The re-gas was going to be free so I thought I'd get it done while I can, Ive never once used air con in previous cars that have had it haha so it's unessessary weight really
My cousin said that once, he then removed his from his ek....and as the law of sod would have it, heatwave the following week.... and he was stuck in a traffic jam. Haha i was quite smug with my windows up nice and cool :p

kieranH

Advanced Member
I was also in a position of whether or not to remove air on but decided not to. A few members on here have but as said above some day you will be grateful of it and as for weight saving, unless you plan on having a serious track car what's the point.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Oh Jesus I'm doing mine atm man for the rotrex what a barsteward 😡 one bolt is refusing to come out I've tried everything mainly swearing but still no avail 😂

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
Oh Jesus I'm doing mine atm man for the rotrex what a barsteward one bolt is refusing to come out I've tried everything mainly swearing but still no avail
Bolt holding the bracket to the block?

Surprised not more people have removed it, I would probably use it if it worked but its never bothered me and I do want to shred some more weight before Donnington in October :xyes:

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
BenLAST said:
Bolt holding the bracket to the block?

Surprised not more people have removed it, I would probably use it if it worked but its never bothered me and I do want to shred some more weight before Donnington in October :xyes:
The very bottom left of your looking from the front. Got it out tonight. Genuinely surprised how much it actually weighs! I've shed some unneeded supports and wiring loom covers ect just to save a bit ill weigh it all at the end see how much has gone. Every little helps 😂

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Have a guess at the weight,15kg you reckon??

Can anyone shed some light on the belt still please

2ndy

Advanced Member
BenLAST said:
Have a guess at the weight,15kg you reckon??

Can anyone shed some light on the belt still please
Ive ordered one which im pretty sure will fit when the air con pump is removed.. Will be fitting it this wednesay when im off so will update then.. Dont want to post incase im wrong and other people waste money ordering it

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
A/C (without lines ) - 11.3kg.
A/C compressor, bolts, and brackets - 5.8kg

2ndy

Advanced Member
The belt you will need for a dc5 without the air con is 7PK1345

Fitted mine earlier, got the gates belt for under £16 delivered

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Gates part K060532? If you don't mind telling me where you got it from so cheap!? I can only find it in America for around the same price plus shipping