Removing Car Battery

Ezza

Advanced Member
Planning to change my car battery tomorrow after work so its most likely going to be done in the dark. Now i just wanted check how many bolts there are to undo and how long this should take.........its going to be an interesting experience doing this in pitch black :xlol:

Also will this cause any problems to my clifford 650 alarm?

Apart from the usual disconnect (-) first and put on (-) last? (I assume a 10mm socket is req)

TimB

Advanced Member
easy peasy, even I could manage it. Takes about 10 mins. The retaining bolt and nut on mine had rsuted so I had to soak it in WD40. The alarm will go off on reconection but then it should reset itself and be ok.
Tim

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
5 Mins max. :idea:

Don't do it in the dark,what if you drop a nut? :cry:

Ezza

Advanced Member
So how many nuts are there in total to remove? At least i have count then and know when the battery should be pulled up and not held down due to its weight :xlol:

mikegsi

Staff member
From memory there are 3

both battery terminals and where the tie bar is attached to the slam panel, simples :xyes:

Ezza

Advanced Member
If its only 3 then im sure it shouldnt take too long. I bought a socket set from Halfords too for in car emergencies :)

Only down side is that i will lose all my settings on the headunit ](*,)

synchro

Advanced Member
I had to do this the other month and had concerns on the clifford 650. It all went ok but 2 points came up. First the battery i brought had larger terminals than the last one.second the clifford will be ok but you can put it into valet mode which lets you work on the car one time to do anyting.but with that i just changed the battery then set the alarm after all ok.