Removing dead bugs and flies...

ChesterJSY

After recently being in france the car was splattered with insects and I was given a top tip for removing dead flies and bugs from the front of the car that I thought I would share with you guys.

Quite simply use baby wipes.... I kid you not ! Not sure why it works but they just seem to disolve the flies very quickly and easily.

If it's gentle enough for a baby's bum, it's good enough for my DC5 :)

coolerking

Advanced Member
Would there maybe be something in the wipes that strips waxes though? If not sounds like a great tip!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Well it's meant to be soft to baby skin so hopefully it is too wax too...

Tis a good idea...

ChesterJSY

I didn't believe it would work till I tried it but was impressed ! I haven't had a chance to polish the car since but it still beads well on the bumpers when it rains so I'm sure the wax is still doing it's job.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I would argue this cannot be good for paintwork... the fly remains will scratch the surface and leave marring... id get something like Auto Finesse Citrus Power. I've found it to be the best stuff i have ever used for getting bugs off the nose and windscreen of my car.

Even used it on the bugs that were on my Girlfriends car and they had been stuck their for around 6 months and they dissolved as well!

Mike_DC5

Advanced Member
As Coldfuse says, AF citrus power is great, or shampoo and water mixed in a spray bottle with a soft detailing brush

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk