Removing door cards - Please help

dave c

400hp K20
ok so i have browsed the ice forums and found this...
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SSIIS.html

ive read through and im pretty confident i could do this but i have just got my car and i dont want to crack anything.

So, i was wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know how difficult it is to take the front door cards off, how long did it take you, and did you damage anything?

out of 5 how difficult is it, the door cards on my old car were about a 1 out of 5 lol, undo the handle etc then pop pop pop, lift up and off, job done.

Anyone

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Follow the instructions and you'll be alright.

I suggest however that every time you take the door card off, you replace all the broken jubilee clips so pre-order these from your garage beforehand. If you don't, your door cards will rattle.

Also, when popping the panel behind the door handle to access the two screws, dont do it with anything sharp cos that plastic scratches very easily.

Lastly, NEVER attempt door card work on a Honda if you're in a hurry. You WILL break something. That in turn will make you angry and you'll then go on to break something else.

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Done mine today, i'd say its so so easy, just gott be confident.

No problems, when undoing the clips, start closest the engine and work round, easy peasy.

Hardest part is unplugging the windows controls, and thats only a plug :D

That VTEC Grin

Advanced Member
:xstupid:

Took mine off at the weekend. Really easy, 4 screws, plastic 'popper' fittings round the bottom of the card, door latch to unhook and electric window plugs... 8)

The only wierd thing was it took a couple of restarts for the single click window button on the drivers door to reset back... :?

Rgds

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
That VTEC Grin said:
:The only wierd thing was it took a couple of restarts for the single click window button on the drivers door to reset back... :?

Rgds
I had the exact same problem too, didnt realise what it was, just about to take the door card off again but thought i'd check one last time and it worked, strange do :?

DC5TU

Advanced Member
to reset auto window,

fully close (OR OPEN cant remember which) the window and keep the button pressed after for about 5 seconds

crxvtec

Advanced Member
The window thing needs to be reset by taking it all the way down, holding it for 5 seconds, then all the way up and holding it for 5 seconds.

Raffe

Advanced Member
Yup thanks for the heads up as I tend to panic when thigns dont work properly once I have been medling :lol: 8)

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Just wondering y u guys took your door cards out in the first place. :?:

Sorry if im being a wally, but y??