Removing door cards

wocka

Advanced Member
Easy enough task for anyone to do

You will need a Philips screw driver and a small flat blade or small hook type tool

First job is where the handle is located, look inside and you will see a cover

you use small flat blade or tool to push the clip (at the bottom) up and pull the cover out using your tool, you will need to pull the handle open to get it out

Now remove the 2 Philips screws behind this cover, again open the handle if need be

Now you need to remove the handle, pull it out

Disconnect the plug on the left hand side that controls the locking

Now you need to remove the metal rod that opens the door

The clip will unclip from the metal rod one way and then just turn it out of the way

Now just lift he rod out and remove the handle

Next is 2 Philips screws located under the arm rest, I only grabbed a photo of one for some reason but there is 2

Now unclip the cover where the mirror is located, this just pulls off. Get one corner out and just work your way around

Now just to pop off the door card, start in one place, starting at the bottom

My starting choice was down by the front wheel and I went up to the mirror then across the bottom and up to the lock pin

Once your all popped off, the door car lift up over be pin and your freeee

Well kind of, remove the wiring plug for the windows and then your free

Sometimes you get a nice surprise when you remove it. Even though I had a hutch they had been changed, they sound outstanding compared to oem speakers

Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Britz

Advanced Member
Nice update mate that will save me some time figuring out how the thing comes off I‘m sure I‘ll end up having to take a door card off at some point 👌

wocka

Advanced Member
No problem guys, I‘m going to make a guide for everything I do now, I‘ve made use of them over the years so time to put something back in to the forum

Next will be cup holder bulb and heater control bulbs i picked them up from Honda today

Crackfox

Advanced Member
wocka said:
No problem guys, I‘m going to make a guide for everything I do now, I‘ve made use of them over the years so time to put something back in to the forum

Next will be cup holder bulb and heater control bulbs i picked them up from Honda today

Just got some grain of wheat bulbs for £4 to do mine.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Just got some grain of wheat bulbs for £4 to do mine.

I used some alternative bulbs in my last dc5, 2 different sets but both went within around 6 months so this time I‘ve gone genuine

BUT.... bulbs are probably a lot better than they were 5 years ago but I just want to do the job once and but have to worry

Crackfox

Advanced Member
wocka said:
I used some alternative bulbs in my last dc5, 2 different sets but both went within around 6 months so this time I‘ve gone genuine

BUT.... bulbs are probably a lot better than they were 5 years ago but I just want to do the job once and but have to worry

I'm sort of with you on that, I did the hazard one as I thiugh 6£ was ok. Then I saw the price on the heater ones.

wocka

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
I'm sort of with you on that, I did the hazard one as I thiugh 6£ was ok. Then I saw the price on the heater ones.

I‘m only replacing one of them, the left dial one which is one of the longer ones I think (3x long bulbs, 2x short bulbs) It was £3.55 +vat

Crackfox

Advanced Member
wocka said:
I‘m only replacing one of them, the left dial one which is one of the longer ones I think (3x long bulbs, 2x short bulbs) It was £3.55 +vat

From Honda? I looked them up and they where £20 each!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Just noticed the speakers, these are the ones in mine and I have crossovers behind the dash (don't look like they are in use) so may have to look into that over the summer and if not then remove them...

wocka

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
From Honda? I looked them up and they where £20 each!

Yeah Honda mate, the small wedge one was more expensive

I hope they have given me the right one