Removing Facelift black rear strip

coconat

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

So i've struggled to find a real answer to this here..other than finding a picture of a white facelift with the strip removed, so I know it can be done!

I want to remove mine, I hate it and I think it ruins the back the of the car. I was planning on taking it to a bodyshop but before I do (and get charged a bit) does anyone know 100% how to remove these strips, can it be done safely at home?

If there is someone who believes it can I may attempt it myself and post pictures of it's removal, i'm thinking if somethings lurking under there it can always be repaired but the picture i've seen has had it entirely removed leaving the groove and it looks wicked.

I did have a little cheeky wiggle to test the edges and it does seem like it can be 'peeled' away with patience i'm just a wimp and don't want to tgo in guns blazing

Any help would be appreciated, I want the eyesore gone for Japfest 2 if possible

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
If you want bring it round ill happily remove it for you.......

Disclaimer - I take no responsibility for the aftermath that may ensue from removing said bump strip lol

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I love doing things like this, :xgrin: It may just be stuck on and push clipped. Best thing to do would be to remove the rear bumper, and see if there are any fixings coming through. Would give you an indication as to wether it's just stuck on or not. Then take a brave pill and peel away, :) ..but buy some trim tape just incase there are mountings behind the black strip that can't be seen, and you decide to stick it back on.

Best thing to do is have a go, just take you're time with it, last thing you want to do is snap it. Wait for a luke warm day, get the hairdryer out, some sticky stuff remover and you should be alright. Good luck :)

If i had a FL this is what I would do.

Sorry it's not a deffinate answer, but if you are prepared, it can be re installed. :) Looks much nicer imo

coconat

Advanced Member
Nicer with or without Jimmer? :)

I do believe I may give this a go on a nice day, I'll take pictures and hopefully if all goes well post them up

As you say not the end of the world if it needs to go back on as long as I remove it carefully enough

Hmmmmmmmm...somehow methinks I will try this myself Mr Teegwa lol

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
didnt break the Mugen lip plenty patience there....

Ill do it Sunday at Toms will be easy enough to do

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Like it without. ;) yeah go on.. have a can of Dr Pepper on stand by though...., hahaha Whats the worst that can happen :xgrin:

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Looking again, the one in the picture looks like it could have been resprayed instead of removed?? :xaiweb3:

coconat

Advanced Member
I thought it was peeled off leaving a middle sort of 'bar' but looking again you could be right..hrmmm...possible paint job then?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I never even noticed FL's had this, surely someone has done this before, good luck with it Nat, im sure with some patience you'll get it sorted.

On another note, i spy an EK9 in the background, LOVE EK9's :wub:

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
I never even noticed FL's had this, surely someone has done this before, good luck with it Nat, im sure with some patience you'll get it sorted.

On another note, i spy an EK9 in the background, LOVE EK9's :wub:
Good spot. ! I was focused on the white strip, amazing what the mind makes you're eyes miss when it wants too :p