Removing fine scratches on windscreen

barsby2k10

Advanced Member
Noticed when driving home the other day when the sun was low that there were loads of hairline scratches on my windscreen.

At the moment I use AG fast glass and occasionally AG glass polish with a microfibre.

Is there a trick to get rid of these annoying scratches as they are really off putting when the sun is low?

Also when I received my car from Torque GT the rain seemed to just blow up off the screen by itself when doing 60mph plus. Any ideas what could have been applied? As I loved not having to use the windscreen wipers unless the rain was really heavy.

V7MAT

clean freak
Try a glass polish to work the fine scratches out mate, not really clued up on them (I use AG but it powders :( ) so will have to wait until someone else suggests a decent one.

The screen will of had rain-x applied it helps make the rain bead up the screen, after a polish it should do that partially anyway.

barsby2k10

Advanced Member
Cheers. Are we talking polish using a machine polisher? as at the moment I polish by hand with AG glass polish and it doesn't seem to work. Having said that it, hasn't been done for last few washes as I have used fast glass instead.

Will give the glass polish another go tomorrow.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Have to be careful with glass, glass is a helluva lot harder than the paintwork so it needs to be polished ALOT to get any results. When my friend was detailing my teg he had a go at polishing my screen and it ruined 2 of his pads and he used heaps of product (this was the first time he tried it on glass) and he vowed to find out the proper way of doing it :xlol: :xlol:

V7MAT

clean freak
Coldfuse said:
Have to be careful with glass, glass is a helluva lot harder than the paintwork so it needs to be polished ALOT to get any results. When my friend was detailing my teg he had a go at polishing my screen and it ruined 2 of his pads and he used heaps of product (this was the first time he tried it on glass) and he vowed to find out the proper way of doing it :xlol: :xlol:
make sure you update us :)