removing high level spoiler - replace with Lip spoiler?

Br1an_g

just watched unamed warriors cadwell park vid, and pretty convinced on a DC5 in the next few months. :evil:

Wife really doesnt like the high spoiler though, so was thinking of replacing it with a nice lip spoiler.

how easy is it to remove the high spoiler? (im thinking 4 bolts)

and does anyone have any links for a lip spoiler?

great forum BTW :D

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Just a thougt, but...

As it is with the 'standard' spoiler, looking out the rear mirror, you pretty much get a full view in your rear view mirror under the spoiler. If you were to fit a low profile job, I think it would only worsen the rear visibilty when driving.

Or does she not like the overall look of it...? :roll:

Br1an_g

would removing the high level spoiler effect the handling?

the consensus with my old car, which had a high level spoiler was that it didnt help with downforce, but more with wind disturbance which aided car stability under braking. open to opinions though..if it helps the handling, i could argue the point to keep it :wink:

wasnt thinking of a mid level spoiler as such, but more of a lip spoiler which is displayed on the facelift Integra: http://www.honda.co.jp/INTEGRA/showroom_r/index.html

image 6 on that first page, the black teg.

suppose if its shown on that teg, it should be a honda option?

T666YPR

Admittedly,the car handles pretty badly on the motorway with crosswinds.

The car is meant for the track and it works pretty well when used under those circumstances.

I'd rather have the car handle as intended myself.

Tell the missus you can't change it :wink:

It's going to cost you a fair bit to import the USDM spoiler and you'll have holes in your bootlid too!!

Simon

Br1an_g

T666YPR said:
Tell the missus you can't change it :wink:

It's going to cost you a fair bit to import the USDM spoiler and you'll have holes in your bootlid too!!

Simon
i think im more likely to get away with it by saying its going to cost a fortune to remove and replace :lol: :wink:

jay.dee

Advanced Member
I dont think it would affect visibility by that much. An issue would be trying to get it to the UK, also for how much as they are still very new? Ask Japanparts.com - you could also try for an aftermarket spoiler or appropriating one from another car sold here...

GaryMan

my fiancee said i can only get a DC5 if i can find one without the standard "huge, boy racer style" spoiler (her words not mind :x ) ie like the one on jay.dee pics

if this is the only way i can get a DC5, then i guess i will have to sacrifice that :cry:

can anyone point me in the right direction please??

T666YPR

It's the new shape,looking at £20k + for a new import.

No-one's sure if it's definately got a model report yet either.

OreoVsTheDead

first dc5 is much nicer IMO. just tell them removing the spoiler totally upsets the handling balance of the car and makes it a pig to drive :lol:

GaryMan

i must admit i prefer the standard (bigger) spoiler- it just doesnt look right with the tiny lip on the pic :roll:

Br1an_g

yeh,i actually like the bigger spoiler as well...

i think the whole look of the facelift is 'Understated'

it does it well, but i like the original better

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
I like it with the lip spoiler, but images of Audi TT, spring to mind, Honda being Honda will have engineered that Spoiler to have a positive effect on the handling, removing it, would possibly unsettle the car through high speed bends which is not good!!, lower speeds I doubt it has a lot of effect thou. I for one wouldnt want to test that theory out.

kingston

Advanced Member
Having seen a DC5 without a spoiler (alright Ben, nerves calmed down now? :wink: ), it does look very sleek and smooth. However, it is a track car and so you do have to have a spoiler!

truffs

DONT DO IT :shock: The spoiler is the DC5 :D
Im going to say my little philosophy now...... The Audi TT, good looking car - no spoiler and there were fewer Germans. Spoiler = more Germans. Teg on a track without spoiler = i can see grass,verge,grass,car,verge,armco BANG :!: Teg + spoiler = I can see track :wink:

Br1an_g

suppose as i started this post i would post what my plans are now after al of the feedback..

im going to keep the spoiler...the teg will be mine, and mine only..

then i give my wife our current car....

problem solved...we are both happy..

T666YPR

truffs said:
DONT DO IT :shock: The spoiler is the DC5 :D
Im going to say my little philosophy now...... The Audi TT, good looking car - no spoiler and there were fewer Germans. Spoiler = more Germans. Teg on a track without spoiler = i can see grass,verge,grass,car,verge,armco BANG :!: Teg + spoiler = I can see track :wink:

:xClubbed: :xClubbed: :xClubbed: xrofl