removing manifold help

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I'm removing my Toda manifold and i've had a good look around all bolts are quite accessible except one, its the one at the bottom on the drivers side. Anyone know the best way to get to this one? From the top or the bottom, looks very tight from either, Any other suggestions?

Tia :)

Will

Jayk

Advanced Member
When i fitted mine on my old 5, i did all the bolts from the top into and out of the head. I removed a few bits and bobs to make a bit of space, dropped the arb at the bottom and its was a quick job.

Jay

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
When i fitted mine on my old 5, i did all the bolts from the top into and out of the head. I removed a few bits and bobs to make a bit of space, dropped the arb at the bottom and its was a quick job.

Jay
Thanks Jay,

What were the bits and bobs you removed to make the space?

Cheers

Will

Jayk

Advanced Member
i removed my alarm, the strut brace, there was some pipe work on the drives side of the engine bay i released, this is all from memory as it was a while ago. im sat in the car on my kpro now, lol, i would look under the bonnet but cannot open it unless i remove the gruppe-m and its raining.

Evs

Advanced Member
I got all the ones to the head off from the top without removing any parts. Used a selection of deep sockets and a 'wiggle extension bar' which allows you to fit the socket onto the nut but have the extension at a slight angle as you turn it.

The most difficult bit will be getting the manifold out underneath the car - it needs to be jacked up quite high at the front and I found I needed to drop the ARB (undo the four bolts holding it to the underside of the car) to make space.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Couldn't do it in the end having to pay someone to do it on Friday :cry:

See you still got the DC5 Evs, whats happening with it?