Removing the 180kph speed restrictor.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Hi all,

My dc5 has been converted to mph and clocks mileage in miles. However, the car is still limited and won't go over 112mph. How or where's the best place to get this taken off? I'm located in the north west if that helps.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam.

Advanced Member
That's weird. In theory, all the KPH:MPH convertor does is move the limit to 180MPH instead of 180KPH via speed pulse off the VSS.

Is your speedo accurate otherwise?

Kenz

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
That's weird. In theory, all the KPH:MPH convertor does is move the limit to 180MPH instead of 180KPH via speed pulse off the VSS.

Is your speedo accurate otherwise?
Yes mate, accurate to within 2-3 mph at 30mph. Limits at about 118mph on the speedo strangely though?

adam.

Advanced Member
I had a JDM EG once and the limit was as you say, 118 ish.

Strange that your speedo is accurate and you're still getting limited. Is it facelift? Maybe facelifts get their speed via the driveshaft/abs sensors.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
When I first got my dc5 it was the same. Limiter at 118ish..
Now been removed by k100.

But when I was looking in to it, I found out it depends where the converter is.
Supposedly if it's on top of your gearbox ( before the ecu) then the limiter will be gone.
If it's done on the back of your clocks, ( after ecu ) then you will still have the 118 limit

Edit: so really your looking for the one that goes on top of the gearbox.
I'm sure most import company's can sort it :)

Cennix1

I second Jinis - I had the same problem and my converter was behind the dash. It stopped working so I got Matt from Tegiwa to install a new one for me and he did it before the ECU, and the limit was gone.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Cool, cheers for the comments guys, I've sent Matt a pm on Instagram but I believe he's in America at the moment. Hopefully he can sort it when he's back.

Thanks.