Removing the dash

Neil_H

Advanced Member
My car currently has a Japanese sat nav system fitted and is about to be replaced. Problem is, there's two GPS-type aerials on the dashboard with the wiring fed down below the windscreen.

Would it be a major job to remove the dash to remove these?

mikegsi

Staff member
depends if you wanted to save them or just wanted them out?

with the headunit out you should be able to get to the feed wires for them, if you werent bothered about saving them then just snip and pull, otherwise try tracing the wiring first before you think about pullig teh dash off, you may not need to

Neil_H

Advanced Member
I'd like to keep them really as I want to sell the head unit. One of them might be ok but the wire for the other feels pretty tightly squeezed....

Anyone know of a guide to removing the dash, or an electronic service manual? I had one for the S2000....

mikegsi

Staff member
i had a link for an online google guide, but lost it, try a search mate adn im sure you'll find it on here, failing that there is the rsx manual, yuo can get ripped off and buy it on ebay for around a fiver even though you can download it for free on hondahookup.com!

failing that i can upload it to you via hotmail?

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Thanks Mike, looks like the service manual on hondahookup should do the trick, looks quite tricky though (removing the steering column?! *gulp* :shock: ). But hopefully I will only need to loosen it enough to pull the wires through.

Suped

Advanced Member
better of chopping the wires and yanking them through unless your going to ebay the JDM headunit back over to japan. :lol:

Neil_H

Advanced Member
That's true actually, but I think I'll have a go and if it proves too difficult I will just cut the buggers. It has a HDD that rips your cds when you play them so you can play it back without having tons of CDs in the car - very cool. I only realised it did this after buying a new one! :xconfused: The only other head unit over here that does that is the new Pioneer one which costs £2000. I've also managed to cancel the route that was programmed so no more nagging by the Japanese lady :lol: