REPAIR ADVICE TYPE R CRANKSHAFT

rarerims

Dont bother with getting three quotes and paying him anything :idea:

Chances are it doesnt even need a crank, could be anything.

Just go and pick your car up :?

dave c

400hp K20
name and shame him, that is absolutely insane.

You paid £1200 already and now he wants another £1400? am i reading this right?

Go take your car back and tell him trading standards will be in touch.

Thats just round the corner from me as well :shock:

sub84

Hi guys,

I contacted Honda and explained the situation to them and it turns out that the mechanic wasnt lying about the cost.

Honda told me that the crankshaft does cost 1400 for my car and that they are really rare to locate in this country specially as my integra in a Japanese import.

It seems he had a change of heart as he now has charged me half the price for the job.
I am baffeled by the sudden change but Im not compaining and am assuming its because I went to trading standards.

As much as I love my car, considering all the bad luck I have had I think I might just put it up for sale now.

Thanks again to you all

Dan2020

Advanced Member
It wasn't the cost of the crank in question, yes, new from honda it will be expensive, but why was it needed?

You could've sourced a used crankshaft or bought a new Eagle crankshaft for $765 (less than £500)
http://www.importparts.com/shop/product ... 32f051c6c2

The problem is this guy sounds like he is taking your money for labour/parts that a) he is not doing or replacing or b) is not necessary

hey sub,
dont forget to ask for your old crank back, if they have fitted a new one at all.. :idea:

Remember a grind is only £150. !

(in the light of the half price Honda crank) beware of the "weve thrown it away" ploy.... :^o

paul,

:)

LeeH

Advanced Member
I can see someone's pants getting puled down..... :-k

Like Paul said, make sure you ask for you crank back as I doubt it will have a spanner anywhere near it.