Repair or replace?

Timtegdc5

A little while ago I had a run in with a curb on a tight bend in a multi-storey car park and did some damage to my Ings +1 front lip. here are some pictures:

Now that I've stopped swearing at myself enough to look into getting it repaired, I went for a quote at a body shop around the corner and was quoted around the £250 mark including VAT. I have also been toying with the idea of replacing the whole front lip, instead of getting it repaired (it wouldn't be much more expensive), as there are also plenty of stone chips all the way along the lip, in addition to the damage.

I have seen RE Spirit are doing some Mugen style lips modified to fit PFLs (among others). Would like to hear some opinions on whether I should repair it or replace the lip. Also is anyone is able to recommend any good repair shops in south London/Surrey?

hondaft

Advanced Member
Seems pretty expensive to repair mate, I would just get another lip like you said.

I would recommend ordering from the US, I got a front mugen style lip for about £120 in total (including shipping and imoort TAX) and its a direct fitment unlike a lot of the ones you can buy from UK, only had to file down part and drill the holes :)

Rom

Advanced Member
I dont think they are ? Or is it just the rears that are different ?

If thats a genuine lip, dont bin it. Someone will have it and repair it. Thats not that bad, some plastic weld if its grp. Then filler. Or some strips bonded on, and filled if its fiberglass.
The stone chips will be covered with high build primer, they will paint the whole lip anyway.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Lips both front and rear will need modification, unless purchased "all ready modified" so to speak. Mugen that is, unsure on the ings, I believe that is meant for the pre....

Timtegdc5

Cheers guys.

I'm pretty confident it's a genuine, it was already on my teg when I bought it (from stoo, who was a member on here) and has the logo printed on the inside.

hondaft said:
Seems pretty expensive to repair mate, I would just get another lip like you said.

I would recommend ordering from the US, I got a front mugen style lip for about £120 in total (including shipping and imoort TAX) and its a direct fitment unlike a lot of the ones you can buy from UK, only had to file down part and drill the holes :)
Where did you order from? Do you have any pics of it fitted?

I think I will get a Mugen style one and sell this one to repair.

dave7368

Advanced Member
I would repair, if you get another one it will still cost to fit and paint... keep the Ings, these mugen reps are everywhere now...