Repairing scratches on plastic

Tim J

Advanced Member
Chaps,

Didn't know where to post this query so if the mods want to move it to a more appropriate section - feel free.

My 6yr old decided to open up my golfing umbrella in close proximity to the Teg this morning and has marked my rear bumper

On first inspection, I saw a 6" mark and thought not much of it as a bit of AutoGlym paint restorer (not as abrasive as T-Cut) would remove it, however, towards the end of the 'mark', the tip of the umbrella appears to have cut into the thin layer of paint and scratched it - only about 1cm long and yes, it sounds a bit an*l retentive, I know :D

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can polish this up?/rectify?

my personal opinion is that he mark does not warrant a new rear bumper or indeed a re-spray as I doubt I'll get the colour match spot on so want to remedy this without drastic action.

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Tim

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
your best bit is proberly using a touch up stick, give the scratch a couple of coats and then try and take the top layer off buy using a mild cutting compound, which hopefully will fill in the mark.

if its only 1cm long you shouldn't have too much difficulty doing this, but dont rub too hard as you might burn the paint and once thats done it's respray time!?!

hope that helps

craig.

Tim J

Advanced Member
Cheers Craig,

Just caught upwith Dave @ Steels to order me a touch up stick :wink:

I thought I'd use the search function to confirm my colour code but Dave is on the ball and dare I say, knows them off by heart :D :D