Replacement HID bulb

Ezza

Advanced Member
A few weeks ago i turned into a road and hit a massive pot hole on a private road, because it was raining i didnt stand a chance of seeing the pot hole. Anyway fast forward to today, i have noticed that my headlight wasnt working and on closer inspection noticed there was small bits of glass inside my headlight :eek:

Initial reactions are the damage from the pot hole seems to have shattered the HID bulb, so my question is how much are replacement light bulbs and would i need to remove the bumper to change the light bulb?

Zani

Advanced Member
Hi Ezza,

I cannot see how hitting a pot hole shattered your hid bulb... maybe it wasnt working before hand?
- They are very well mounted in the head light with no allowance for movement. Also I have hit some very bad pot holes myself.

OEM Honda bulbs are very expensive... You are better off getting a set of bulbs from ebay or other users... Some one here had a pair of 6k for £40 which is a good deal considering 1 x oem bulb is £80 +

You will need to remove the bumper to access the back of the head lights... Some people can do it with the bumper on but if you havent done it before I suggest removing the bumper.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Hi Zani,
I have no idea if it was the pothole but if i remember correctly it was working after but i cant think of any other way why the light glass would break :?:

W 70M C

Advanced Member
On a slightly differnt note....if it is the pothole that has caused it i would suggest checking the wheel too..

Ezza

Advanced Member
W 70M C said:
On a slightly differnt note....if it is the pothole that has caused it i would suggest checking the wheel too..
Wheel and steering seems fine :wink:

Stephen you have PM

mikegsi

Staff member
It's quite fiddly to change the bulbs without taking the bumper off and units out, ESP without catching/damaging the bulbs

I've got the uprated 6000k bulbs for sale, maybe a good time to upgrade, if your near me and unsure about taking the bumper off then fetch it round and I'll fit them for you ;)

Ezza

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
It's quite fiddly to change the bulbs without taking the bumper off and units out, ESP without catching/damaging the bulbs

I've got the uprated 6000k bulbs for sale, maybe a good time to upgrade, if your near me and unsure about taking the bumper off then fetch it round and I'll fit them for you ;)
Thanks for the offer Mike but unfortunately you live miles away from me :lol: Im in Kent

mikegsi

Staff member
Aye little bit too far!!

Not hard to do just be careful were you put it once it's off, so easy to scuff if you put it straight down on concrete/brick driveway