Replacement shifter cables options

badman9

Hi everyone. My factory 2004 DC5R shifter cables are not in great shape (and neither are the bushings) and they need replacing.

What options do we have here? I am seeing the genuine ones used for anywhere from 250+ USD up, which is a lot for some 20 year old cables which may be just as bad as mine.

What type-r options do we have if keeping the original shifter box? I'm going to have to ship it in internationally to Jamaica, so cost is a factor, and adding a shifter box adds a lot of shipping size and weight.

Is anyone breaking a DC5r currently in the UK at reasonable prices?

Thanks

mikegsi

Staff member
Have you had a look on Amayama for new ones?

www.amayama.com

I've ordered parts from there before, some can be a lot cheaper than UK Honda dealerships and Tegiwa etc

badman9

Thanks for the reply. I have actually but I was slightly confused about the part numbers.

The listed PN for the cables is 54310S6MR02 but amayama is out of stock for these (as is partsouq etc). Amayama suggests 54310S6MR03 as a replacement. It seems to be an updated PN to the same part but I can't say for sure, as that is a 300+ USD risk to take.

Anyone know anything more about the part numbers?

Going to have the pull the gearbox (2nd gear issues), so figure i should do the cables at the same time since there is a lot of lateral flex within my cables, and the casing of the cables themselves is badly frayed close to the bracket that mounts on the transmission itself.

Thanks