Replacing bolster and swapping seats URGENT HELP NEEDED!

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I'm hoping to tackle my seats tomorrow, I've looked through previous threads and have found most of the info I need, but still have a few questions.

1. My intention is to swap the drivers seat with the passenger seat, is there anything I need to know, any problems that I'll encounter?

2. As far as I'm aware they are identical, but are the runners identical, will I have to swap the runners too?

3. If no, there is a piece of plastic trim 'door side' of each seat, can they be removed and fitted to the other side, so that both trims do not end up in the middle?

4. I'm obviously going to be removing the seats, I have read that there is an electrical plug that hooks up to the seat, will I need to disconnect the battery (worried I'll mess up my alarm if I do), or can I just pull it out and plug it back in? Obviously I'll have the ignition off.

5. Again, can I assume driver and passenger connections are the same?

Many thanks in advance, I need help A.S.A.P please. :D

Chris

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
:xhelp: Question 4 is my main worry, so if anyone could confirm I'll be eternally grateful. :D

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Not sure about most of the questions. I took seats out for cleaning recently but didn't think much about swapping things around.

I think the plastic bits will just unscrew and then get fixed to the other seat.

As for the connector, I think it is just on the drivers seat. Don't need to worry about disconnecting battery as long as you don't turn ignition on until it is connected up again.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
you've put my mind to rest about that seat belt connector as I'm going to attempt to fit a lowered seat rail tomorrow and had the same fear :xcheers:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
StuMcGrath said:
you've put my mind to rest about that seat belt connector as I'm going to attempt to fit a lowered seat rail tomorrow and had the same fear :xcheers:
Yep, no problems at all. I think it's only function of it, is to display a light of the dash when the drivers not wearing their seatbelt....

dotty

Advanced Member
TypeGRRR said:
StuMcGrath said:
Yep, no problems at all. I think it's only function of it, is to display a light of the dash when the drivers not wearing their seatbelt....

Yep :)

Nev

I did this very job Saturday morning.

Have you done it? The bolsters Capital seating sell are not for the DC5 and are slightly larger/fatter. What do you think now it's done? I only ask cos mines slightly fatter on the right now compared to the left but I assume it'll flatten out after a few months. Tis slightly anoying that it's not symetrical cos I did this job on my DC2 and it matched the other side perfectly.

You'd have to proper look hard to notice and I suppose it's better than the calapsed state it was in before :?

ashdelsol7

Advanced Member
both seats are identical. I have the drivers seat on the passenger side, the only difference now is that the reclining nob that is normally on the outside edge of the seat is now on the inside of the seat, so you have to adjust the tilt of the seat with your left hand instead of right. The electical clip simply unplugs, i made sure my key wasn;t in the ignition when i did mine but i didn't bother disconnecting the battery, its only a light on your dash. The rails are the same. The bolster is slightly bigger but i prefer it, no creases in the material due to it being bigger and i want the capital bolsters for both sides now, the oem ones feel thin and weak next to the capital ones

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
Just found this thread via search and have a question.

I know if swapping the seats the plug underneath affects the light on the dash, my question is with it unplugged after the swap does the light on the dash light up all the time, or does it not light at all?

Thanks