Replacing rear suspension advice needed- Coilovers to Standard Shocks/Lowering Springs

Beefman147

Hi,

I am wanting a bit of advice on how to tackle the above job. I started this last night and will be attempting to finish it in the next day or so. I have completely removed my Buddyclub coilovers and am replacing them with a set of standard shocks/lowering springs.

The issue I am facing is that the new setup is longer than the buddyclubs and I am struggling to get the bush top line up with where the lower strut bolt goes back through. (the bushing is lower than the hole in the strut mount)

Is there any advice anyone can offer on something I am maybe missing? I have bolted the new shocks in from the top inside the boot. I have removed the camber bolt above the brake disc which allowed the hub to drop down a bit lower but still not enough.

Would removing the end bolt from the sway bar in the picture below allow this to drop down a little bit more and get this in? Any help much appreciated I am sure some one you have changed these before.

Thanks

Chris

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Have you jacked up the whole rear so you're not fighting against the sway bar?