Replacing vinyl on door frame/window surround

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Has anyone done this that could offer some tips?

Fitted my Climair wind deflectors today after one of my OEM's snapped, when trying to remove the foam padding from the OEM setup the vinyl has started to come away.

Tried to remove it but it seems a pain in the ass, probably an all day job with the hair drier to peel the old vinyl and something solvent based for the glue and re-apply new vinyl.

joiner

Advanced Member
It does come off as have done mine for when it goes to the body shop, a bit slow but a hair drier or hot air gun helps. Bought new ones from honda as am doing away with the JDM visors as don't like the look of them.

Don't know what like they will be to put on, probably just the same as a normal sticker, line them up with masking tape then do half the sticker at a time, have a note of part number and price if you want it but will have to look out the invoice from Hendy :)

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
joiner said:
It does come off as have done mine for when it goes to the body shop, a bit slow but a hair drier or hot air gun helps. Bought new ones from honda as am doing away with the JDM visors as don't like the look of them.

Don't know what like they will be to put on, probably just the same as a normal sticker, line them up with masking tape then do half the sticker at a time, have a note of part number and price if you want it but will have to look out the invoice from Hendy :)
Great stuff, I have some vinyl in the garage but not sure I'll get the full run in one piece.

Part number and price would be great, didn't think they'd be available 🙂

joiner

Advanced Member
Part No 67326-S6M-003 tape R, front door £17.01 +Vat
Part No 67366-S6M-003 tape L, front door £15.93 +Vat

Comes as one vinyl in a big pack pre cut and shaped, why the price difference I do not know but this was on my Hendy invoice from last year.

I too contemplated just buying satin black 3M material off eBay for £10 but at the end of the day the originals had been on for 16 years and I doubt 3M stuff would last this long but I could be wrong :), I prefer just to stick to original parts.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
joiner said:
Part No 67326-S6M-003 tape R, front door £17.01 +Vat
Part No 67366-S6M-003 tape L, front door £15.93 +Vat

Comes as one vinyl in a big pack pre cut and shaped, why the price difference I do not know but this was on my Hendy invoice from last year.

I too contemplated just buying satin black 3M material off eBay for £10 but at the end of the day the originals had been on for 16 years and I doubt 3M stuff would last this long but I could be wrong :), I prefer just to stick to original parts.
Cheers mate, will have to get it on the to do list ready for my next parts order 👌