Request: Scottish Fujitsubo users, and other q's

Gray

Hi,

I am trying to decide on what exhaust to get, i dont want a stupidly loud one due to my job and working shifts, but i dont want a really quiet one either. One persons quiet is another persons medium etc, and you tube vids just dont give a good indication of sound. Needs to be good quality and not hang too low.

I have a very very good custom exhaust maker near me (family run business so get work from word of mouth so cant afford to do crap workmanship). Has anyone got a custom job made up and if so what size pipes etc?

I was wondering if any scottish member have either the Fujitsubo Power Getter or RM-01a exhusts on their dc5, and wouldnt mind me having a listen to it.

Preferably west coast, but willing to travel to central belt area (i live in Ayr).

Thanks
Graham.

cricmcn

recommend spoon n1 mate.. quietish at low revs, but touring car type note in high revs, sold mine recently after putin car back to standard. just a suggestion :) lol.

Chris

Gray

i have heard the spoon is very "droney" as i will be doing a few motorway miles that could get very annoying. I have been looking closely at the DC Sports aswell, sent a few pm's to eddie about it and he was very helpful, but he has the DC RH on aswell and 450 odd miles from me :p .

What would be really handy is the db lvl's of the DC Sports (without uprated mani) listed like they are in the DC5 exhaust catalogue.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I should be getting my Kakimoto Regu.06&R Today/Tomorrow which I got from VTEC direct.... I have heard VERY good things about that one.... louder as revs build.... and I think its Noise Regulated (JASMA) also has a Titanium Tip.

I too wanted something that wasnt goign to drone or attract attention..... Lemme get it fitted and I will post you up a video :) But it is pretty quiet apparently :) (compared to the ASBO loud ones, lol)

Two vids I found on Youtube (not on the DC5 though)

Revving:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGgMZN3dZzc

idle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kikHYH_c ... re=related

fonz600

Advanced Member
If you don't want noise, don't go for Spoon. I like the noise Toda makes but some may think it's too quiet.

markie

Advanced Member
I removed the powergetter from my car as i thought that it was to quiet and replaced it with a buddyclub spec4 .which is pretty loud still have the powergetter if your interested drop me a pm

scooby222

hi ive got the kakimoto regu on mine and its nice and subtle up to 6000 then all hell breaks loose, for my first vtec im loving the noise!

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I've got a Mugen Twin loop on mine that I may have to sell to free up some cash now. Uber quiet for cruising on Mway, but still has a good deep roar when hitting VTEC, and top notch quality too.