Reservoir covers

crxvtec

Advanced Member
I've seen these for sale at JAE and a few pics I've seen on the net of engine bays have these things featured. My question is, is this a valuable bit of engine bay accessory, or is it just a very expensive sweatband with a Spoon/Mugen logo on it?

My ignorance leads me to believe "sweatband" but I would like to be proved wrong.

dan the man

Advanced Member
supposed to stop spills and moisture getting into fluids i think :? :!:

so could be good :|

Erm

Advanced Member
got some old family guy wristbands if you want ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
ive only ever seen them for about £20, and i aint paying that when i can get a nike one for less than half!

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Well, a Nike one would be around £1.99 or so and a Mugen one probably the wrong side of a score...whereas a tissue costing under a penny could mop up spills :?

Either way I don't think I need it! Thanks for clearing this up for me guys!

crxvtec

Advanced Member
That's so spooky I had no idea mike was posting at the same time as I was and we both came up with much the same point!

mikegsi

Staff member
dood do dod dododdod dodo (to the theme of the twilight zone!!)

:wink: :D

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
They usually end up going for >£15. I contacted that seller back in June last year to do a group buy, he said he'd do them for £14 delivered or cheaper if there was motre than 1 set ordeered. The guys name is Andrew.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
They usually end up going for >£15. I contacted that seller back in June last year to do a group buy, he said he'd do them for £14 delivered or cheaper if there was motre than 1 set ordeered. The guys name is Andrew.
Yep I've met him - he's doing the Mugen one for £15 but these spoon ones are cheaper. They still cost more than Nike ones tho :wink:

Erm

Advanced Member
Wootty said:
Sweatbands are for girls doing aerobics in Eric Pridz videos...
sorry i'll disagree.......... Sweatbands are for cool people.......... as long as they are cool designs.......

those that dont agree are kev boy townie chavs :D

mikegsi

Staff member
drooooooooooooooool =~

i bought the workout dvd to this, obviously for her indoors, and its cool :wink:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Erm said:
Wootty said:
Sweatbands are for girls doing aerobics in Eric Pridz videos...
sorry i'll disagree.......... Sweatbands are for cool people.......... as long as they are cool designs.......

those that dont agree are kev boy townie chavs :D
Man your so GAY!
(i mean in a happy go lucky sort of way of course) :wink:

crxvtec

Advanced Member
I'm with Wootty on this one - definitely for the girls in Eric Prydz vids! Not cool unless you're John McEnroe and even then that was 20 years ago.