Respays

Parry

Advanced Member
Hey guys and gals,
So with this lockdown and getting so much work done on the teg inc detailing.
I was thinking about the paintwork on the old girl and seeing all the stonechips and bits and pieces all over I was wondering as a ball part how much people are paying for a full external bodywork respray in the same colour? As might do some saving and treat her as it‘s the only thing letting her down in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
It will all depends on a number of things, current car's condition, any rust you know or don't know of, quality of the work and company doing the work etc. You can pay anything from 1500 - 30k for a paintjob. I had mine done at TGM and for them to do mine they had to see the car, all pics are in my build thread and I would highly recommend Tom and Will at TGM for such if you are local to able to use them.

A mate is currently having his Carrera done fully and I think this has cost him so far about 6K when the initial quote was 2K (due to unforeseen rust and issues).

Average rough price to do a car that's in very good condition and not in need of any rust sorting and so on would be say 2.2K-3.5K from a good reputable company. I know others in the South East I have used and would recommend to anyone if you're this way.

Carl

Parry

Advanced Member
Thanks Carl,
The bodywork is in a really good condition I‘m in the trade myself (mechanics) otherwise I‘d have done it myself.
There is no rust bubbling or anything like that just small knock here and there.
But garaged most of the time it‘s just the little imperfections here and there as it‘s all been painted at certain points in history none known about though from import which is okay. I just want it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Sounds like similar reasons I had mine done. I am fussy and it had stone chips here and there and I didn't want to risk the potential of any paint mismatch so decided it best to have the whole car done to be 100% perfect and I have not regretted it one bit.

If it's in good condition and no rust then should be doable for 2.2-2.5k ish I would say, but any body shop would want to see it first anyway to say.

In my thread you can see the imperfections mine had and why it was all done etc, deffo worth the trip if TGM are doable for you.