Respray in White - Other than Championship White?

Rom

Advanced Member
So body work has been on the cards for a while. Have been flipping between repairs/additions and just getting a full respray.

Anyway, washed the car at the weekend.... And this happened....

Just wondering if anyone has gone for a brighter white than NH0? In a way, I want a proper white. But I also don't like spoiling the authenticity of it.
My old 205 was a similar creamy white, Alpine White, I got that done in Nissan QM1 and never regretted it.

I know that being fresh paint, it will be whiter anyway. But they always look creamy when next to a proper white car.

Sent from my S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
It'll definitely be worth less mate, but I guess you know that already. I'd be more worries as to why that's happened, has it had a smack?

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
I know where you are coming from on wanting a brighter white but don't do it for resale value alone it will ruin it so much.

But that is just my opinion of course it's your car at the end of the day mate

Chewy

Advanced Member
Have the panel painted and blended into the current paint work so it matches up and then get a vinyl wrap?

It will be good for your potential ownership period and if you want to sell you have original paint work that's been protected and preserved underneath.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
^ I like what Chewy says, get it blended then wrapped in any colour you want :)

Isn't there a Red Teg somewhere that someone had resprayed in VW red as opposed to Milano?

spooke

Advanced Member
Personally I think you should just stick with Championship White :) sucks so much as to what happened though!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Oh jeez, not good. Was that the side with the yellow stains? I'd stick to oem colour I think, the novelty might wear off with a different while after a while.... Saw a frozen/ ice white coloured one at japfest about 5 years ago, and although it looked different, it made its appearance less striking. Was a few years ago mind but I suppose the right white could look great. I know the pearl white on the s2000 looks stunning when polished up right.

integraleo

Advanced Member
However much it's considered sacrilege on this site if I was opting for a full respray I would seriously consider changing the colour just for the fact that splashing out 2-3 k I would want to notice a difference. Been thinking about it for a while that if I was to do it I'd possibly pick yellow or red. Saw the pics of the yellow dc5 next to the yellow evo and it looked stunning!! To hell with lowering resale price, if you're spending all that money on paint you won't get that back anyway. So far in the last 12 months I've spent 6k on my car and added roughly 3k to its worth,but it's never done to make money just to enjoy it while it's mine

Pasty

Banned
If your going to respray it, stick to oem DC5 colours, my 5 was CSW, but I didn't like it, simply because every 5 you see around I'd white. I have always wanted a red one... I done lots of talking with my body shop about spraying jorden yellow, Pirates black (from the accord type r) even going a mocca brown colour! But decided to go for Milano red simply because there a rare colour for the 5 model and it will hold its value as well! But after reading your whole build thread, I can't see you wanting to sell it at all anytime soon, so if you wanted a brighter white, go for it.

FireDance

Advanced Member
adamamuk said:
^ I like what Chewy says, get it blended then wrapped in any colour you want :)

Isn't there a Red Teg somewhere that someone had resprayed in VW red as opposed to Milano?
Yes & it looks really good as it last longer than Honda paint

Erm

Advanced Member
Honestly I think you should do whatever you want. Resale value.... whats it gonna lose you? A lot less than what a full respray will cost. These aren't 50k cars that'll lose 20k in value. Given the love you show your car its all about condition anyway. Yes original cars with original factory paint and original recaros in perfect condition etc will be worth more, but these cars are getting on a bit now and if they've been driven they will have been resprayed at least once on certain panels (front end i'm looking at you with your magnet like ability to stone chips) And respray work can vary vastly on quality, much more of an issue to me than if the colour is an OEM manufacturer colour vs a really well done respray. But did you buy it as an investment or to drive it?!

I don't get trying to preserve a car for a possible future owner. Get your enjoyment out of your own car whilst you own it. Screw whatever the next person might or might not like!

integraleo

Advanced Member
Erm said:
Honestly I think you should do whatever you want. Resale value.... whats it gonna lose you? A lot less than what a full respray will cost. These aren't 50k cars that'll lose 20k in value. Given the love you show your car its all about condition anyway. Yes original cars with original factory paint and original recaros in perfect condition etc will be worth more, but these cars are getting on a bit now and if they've been driven they will have been resprayed at least once on certain panels (front end i'm looking at you with your magnet like ability to stone chips) And respray work can vary vastly on quality, much more of an issue to me than if the colour is an OEM manufacturer colour vs a really well done respray. But did you buy it as an investment or to drive it?!

I don't get trying to preserve a car for a possible future owner. Get your enjoyment out of your own car whilst you own it. Screw whatever the next person might or might not like!
Exactly!! It's like a 16 Year old boy not having sex with his gf to preserve her virginity for the next guy! ( I cleaned that phrase up for any women reading this lol)

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Exactly!! It's like a 16 Year old boy not having sex with his gf to preserve her virginity for the next guy! ( I cleaned that phrase up for any women reading this lol)
Do you sell your girlfriends when you're bored with them?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Saint Matt said:
Do you sell your girlfriends when you're bored with them?
Do you care who your ex sleeps with? And think "I shouldn't have done such a good job so the next guy can have a good go".

I certainly know I don't.