Respraying my integra

Type K

Advanced Member
So basically im doing a ground up build on my dc5 as iv bought it as a shell and it needs a good restoration.The shell is black and i intend on spraying it black again but in either amethyst pearl or midnight purple (looks black until sun hits it). I was originally doing this as i thought it would be the easiest route without having to spray everything such as engine bay etc. However having looked at the condition of it now it seems it needs a complete spray so im a bit unsure if i should carry on with one of these colours or go for a completely different colour. Before anyone suggests it i dont like grey dc5's and i also think dc5's look most aggressive in black/dark colours

So what do you guys think or does anyone have any other colour suggestions?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
If you're gonna go down the midnight purple route the Skyline's use, I wouldn't recommend anything other than MP 1 or 2.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I quite like the honda purple on the FN2. Have always wondered how a dc5 would look in that colour

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Could be too - google pirates black and you'll see what I mean. Awesome colour

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Lol my lass has begged me to do a car in this colour for years but never got round to paint one.

Might have to just bite the bullet and buy this one lol

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
I think it'll suit the DC5 pretty well :) Could always do the cheaper way and have it wrapped to see if you like it or not :)

c7frw84

Advanced Member
There was a guy in Glasgow selling a midnight purple dc5 when I was on the lookout for one, the car was stunning and it definitely suits the colour, his asking price was far too high so decided to leave it.

Type K

Advanced Member
im still favouring towards the midnight purple. imola orange is nice but not sure if it will suit the dc5, the HOK one looks good but not getting much of an idea from that image, would need to see it on a car to see how it looks

. As for wrapping im not a big fan i dont like the finish and also dont like the fact you cant polish it etc

Bonito

Advanced Member
There is/was a blaze orange Pre-facelift knocking about over here in Ireland. Looks awesome IMO.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Mazda 35N Sparkling black.
Just done this today and it looks epic in the sun!!

Hard to capture on camera but I'm in love with it!

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Almost yeah. Looks black in shade, then real dark bronze in the sun.
Found on some of the RX8s, see if you can find one at a show, they look great in the flesh
(If not I may have that engine cover with me at Japfest! )