Retailers for brakes?

Benneh

Advanced Member
Morning all!

Discs on the front of the teg are lipped and the back is starting to as well, so time to change all entire brake sets for peace of mind, so new discs, pads, lines and fluid.

I was looking at MTEC for the discs but honestly don't think I can justify the extra £100 alone over OEM, and the cost of DS2500s to match with them - I don't think I'd want to use DS2500s with blank OEM discs, only grooved ones.

As a result I was thinking of getting the OEM discs and pairing them with DS2000 pads front and rear with HEL lines. The issue I'm having is finding the DS2000s for the teg. I know Ferodo went through a rebrand and I'm pretty certain that the DS2000 became the DS Performance line. However on Ferodo's website, after filtering for the correct vehicle, it only offers the Premier or SL pads, neither of which I'm familiar with!

So, who would be worthwhile getting in contact with to get what I'm after? Or should I just cough up and get MTECs and DS2500s?

beppe786

Beppe
just get oem disc and brembo pads.. there good enough for the road..

cox motors are giving 5% discount for forum members so around £150 discs and pads

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'd stick with OEM discs from Honda and the Ferodo DS2500 pads on the front mate. Tegiwa do the DS2500's for about £110 for the front, I don't think you need the Ferodo's on the back the standard OEM Brembo pads from Honda will be suffice. This is what I'm going to be doing once I get a bit more money.

Also get some braided lines from TGM they're supposed to be very good.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
If you cant find what you're looking for you could try looking for 350Z pads (exact same pattern) and then grind them down 2mm in thickness to fit

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
How much are they from you Jono? I may be in a position in a week or two's time to order some.

Thanks.