Review request for FIDANZA lightweight flywheel, 8lbs.

Vindots

Advanced Member
Hi guys, as above, I already some exedy stage 1 for my car as my clutch has gone burgers,
while the box is out, might be a good idea to upgrade flywheel aswell,
although we all know that our dc5 type R flywheel is already light with 10-10.5 lbs weight.
but i wanted a more lighter as i drove my mates dc5 type R with exedy lightened flywheel,
but I saw fidanza is even more lighter with only 8lbs or 3.6kg,

any reviews there please, pros and cons is greatly appreciated.

thanks
vin

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
I have one in my S2000, no issues at all. They make the car a bit easier to stall but it's simply a case of getting used to it which won't take you more than a couple of junctions, this is true for any lightweight flywheel. I also had one in my DC2 and CRX, for me it's a no brainer if your gearbox is out :) In my DC2 I found the fuel economy went up! Haven't noticed this on my S2000 though to be fair.

tysonzane

I'd look at options other then Fidanza to be honest Vinny. They're cheap and they're light but I'm not a fan of the design. They're multi piece with screws holding it together. For me personally i'd rather have a fly wheel that is 1 solid piece as its in a high stress environment that can have some heavy impacts, spin at high rpm and get hot.

To me its not worth the risk when it simply isn't needed.

While they dont seem to be bad quality have a dig around online and you'll find a few that have failed including the ring gears coming apart - stuff that.

Buy quality parts man :) . How about another Toda part for the 5?

Vindots

Advanced Member
knowing that man, I will just get my factory one resurfaced I will then save quite a bit, OEM quality always win.

know what, I was gonna buy Toda ITB, hahha! but stuff that! I just then divided my money for some RRC, clutch, aluminum radiator (as my factory one is leaking).
and the Toda I am about to buy is just the tensioner,

thanks tyson! might see you at nimm man if you're goin' :)