Reviews of the Integra DC5 when realeased

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I remember reading an evo 5 star review of the DC5 last year but can't find it anymore online?

It got me thinking does anyone know of any other resources that reviewed this awesome car when it first came out?

thanks,

cam

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I would say only in Japanese tbh. Top gear nor 5th gear have reviewed it (to my knowledge) so I'm sure that Evo or What Car? Haven't either. Would be good to find one though.

All I know is that they were £19k brand new for an 'A' pack (basic)

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Evo have definately reviewed it as I read the article last year or the year before but it seems to be gone now which is a bummer.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
cameroon95 said:
Evo have definately reviewed it as I read the article last year or the year before but it seems to be gone now which is a bummer.
My bad. Might do some digging about.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I thought EVO mag gave it 4.5 stars and the DC2 5 stars... Due to 'loosing a bit of the old cars magic' ?..

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I'd rate it 4.5/5 as well personally, it's a fantastic car, but yes lacks the character of the previous Type-R's, the standard suspension was scary as well I found, used to under steer all over the place!

Fast Road Set Up sorted that, but still, have to review a stock car.

I do remember the Evo Review (which even I can't find), they said they couldn't get the DC5 0-60 under 7 seconds. EP3 in comparison on same day wasn't a problem, may have been in wet conditions.

DC5RS

DC5
PORTHOS said:
I'd rate it 4.5/5 as well personally, it's a fantastic car, but yes lacks the character of the previous Type-R's, the standard suspension was scary as well I found, used to under steer all over the place!

Fast Road Set Up sorted that, but still, have to review a stock car.

I do remember the Evo Review (which even I can't find), they said they couldn't get the DC5 0-60 under 7 seconds. EP3 in comparison on same day wasn't a problem, may have been in wet conditions.
I feel bad going back to stock suspension, tein springs felt so much better on the corners :( but i didnt like how low the ride was

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
DC5RS said:
I feel bad going back to stock suspension, tein springs felt so much better on the corners :( but i didnt like how low the ride was
Eibach's are superb, they feel soft in a straight line being progressive, but in corners they tighten up perfectly.

DC5RS

DC5
PORTHOS said:
Eibach's are superb, they feel soft in a straight line being progressive, but in corners they tighten up perfectly.
the pro kit or the sportline?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Porthos has the pro kit.
For some reason eibach have both titles on both boxes to confuse things! I believe they highlight the title referring to the actual kit in the box in red??.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
cameroon95 said:
Hi guys,

I remember reading an evo 5 star review of the DC5 last year but can't find it anymore online?

It got me thinking does anyone know of any other resources that reviewed this awesome car when it first came out?

thanks,

cam
Is this it? CLICKY

Also some more bits HERE

T.G.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Mark_teg said:
Porthos has the pro kit.
For some reason eibach have both titles on both boxes to confuse things! I believe they highlight the title referring to the actual kit in the box in red??.
they use the same box for both, the colour of the writing is black for prokit and red for sportline.

Open the box and if the springs are black they are prokit or red if they are sportline :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
They are the black ones I have (Pro-Kit), the box is deffo confusing, lol.

Ah found it, on side it says 'Pro-Kit Honda Civic VI', so its a universal box with the correct part number label stuck on.

There was me thinking the names were either 'Sportlines' or 'Pro-Kit Sportlines'.

Naughty Eibach.

Riz

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
Check out the Links section of the forum, which doesn't help really as the link now only takes you to the Evo mag home page!

Little bit of searching and -

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/50480/integra_typer_grows_up.html

not much a review tbh but a starting point for more searching.
I remember reading that when revising for my driving theory test at college in 2005.

It's what made me want a dc5 in the first place!