Revs sticking

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Im having an issue with the teg, after giving it some beans the revs don't seem to want to drop down below 2k. Even when braking, the car seems to surge when It gets to 2k and hesitates. I've had the IACV replaced with a brand new one and had a look at the TB. Kinda running out of ideas now, anyone got any clues? Would be muchly appreciated

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Did you check for vacuum leaks and did you check the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)?

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
The TPS has been checked and is fine and set as it should. It only does it if I drive it hard for 5 minutes or so. Everyday driving is fine with no issues

maxvr6

Advanced Member
When did this start happening, did you change anything other than the IACV? What kind of induction are you running, could it be due to heat soak?

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Running a K&N typhoon and it used to do it before I had the IACV, can't remember exactly when but its been happening a while. Just changed the IACV at the time bud. Had a full gearbox rebuild but I don't think that's related

ekg

Advanced Member
Mine does the same. Only after a good drive it starts. I was going to clean the TB but I only did it last year so not expecting it to be dirty.

Any other ideas?

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I have this exact problem, new TPS is on order and a new 02 sensor. I will update once changed this weekend.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Is your car using standard ecu? Or has it been mapped on k100/kpro?

I know on kmanager you can alter the tick over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
Is your car using standard ecu? Or has it been mapped on k100/kpro?

I know on kmanager you can alter the tick over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if this was aimed at me or OP.

Im running a Kpro with a custom map. I know it can be altered however all the symptoms I am having point to the TPS playing up. I have watched in Kmanager and its values are not accurate. I am going to change the TPS and set it using the voltage method on idle and WOT and then check the % in Kmanager.

Also plan on cleaning the IACV.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Just to update this...

Over the weekend I changed the TPS sensor, the primary 02 sensor and also thoroughly cleaned the IACV.

Car is fixed, well at least the most part. No more sticking revs, TPS still needs to be calibrated with the Kpro to set the min and max %.

One thing I noticed from my TPS and the replacement from Tegiwa. My TPS has absolutely no resistance when I had it off and was messing around with the potentiometer part of the sensor. I didn't really think much of it until I picked up the Tegiwa replacement and had a :idea: moment. Obviously it needs the spring motion to centre back to, what I assume is, 0. Would explain why the revs stick, I think.

What did this fix?

• Hunting of the revs
  • Sticky revs
  • Aweful flatspot at about 4500 to 5000 rpm
  • Hesitation both going up the rev range and also down
EDIT: A faulty knock sensor causes points 3 and 4.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Southpole12 said:
I am having the same issue. My revs are sticking at 3700 at mid throttle. So it was the TPS you think?
Potentially, it's difficult to be 100% sure but a new TPS isn't too expensive to replace. It is where i'd start anyway, and cleaning the IACV.