Ride Height - Eibach vs Spoon vs ??

truupR

Advanced Member
So, the RPF1's have gone on and while the car is sat on eibach springs it's become apparent I need more 'low'.

Is there any major difference between eibachs and spoon springs in terms of ride height? I'd like the car slightly lower with the dream being not having to spend 700+ on coilovers. Another problem I face with going super low on coils is the mugen front lip - which already hangs fairly low as it is :(

Unsure if there's any other reputable springs out there that'd get me another 10/15/20mm drop?

If anyone could show off some pics that'd be awesome. If you've got non standard alloys, that'd be even better...

truupR

Advanced Member
Cheers Jim

It looks like the spoon give it a slightly lower stance even on the back. The reverse rake isn't as obvious on OEM alloys with eibachs but it really does show now :<

Spoon it is then

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
there are 2 types of eibach as far as im aware ,

pro and sportline, im sure one is lower than the other, BUT for the life of me i cant remember which.

Mark_teg

Staff member
C&S Evo7 said:
there are 2 types of eibach as far as im aware ,

pro and sportline, im sure one is lower than the other, BUT for the life of me i cant remember which.
Sport line is lower, especially at the rear.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
I'm running the skunk2 race springs that Tegiwa sell.
They certainly drop the car a fair bit.
2.25" front / 2.00" rear

Mark_teg

Staff member
To explain the photo posted by Patch above, it's my old car fitted with Eibach pro at the rear and Sportline springs at the front (Spoon are lower again with some sacrifice in ride quality).

Nice level ride height and a 'smooth' ride :)

Great photo Patch, it looks great as always!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Old photo I've had up before
Thanks for the explanation and confirmation mark

Spoon can't be much lower, but I don't think I would want it much lower to save the front lip and exhuast b pipe

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yup, Spoon are definitely firmer. Not bad though by any means :) bpipe isnt too much of an issue with oem, but the spoon bpipe dies hang low.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
dont forget folks , there are only so many companies that make springs, im pretty sure spoon wont be making them themselves so are manufactured elsewhere and painting them blue.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
tricker_luke said:
Are Spoon even available other than waiting for the group buy every now and then?
as Burn's page states the spoon springs are discontinued unless they order in 10 or 20 , if you want spoon, i'd suggest calling Anthony at Burn and asking what he can do. if he can help he will.

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
C&S Evo7 said:
dont forget folks , there are only so many companies that make springs, im pretty sure spoon wont be making them themselves so are manufactured elsewhere and painting them blue.
Spoon Springs are made by SHOWA, the original manufacturer of the OEM Springs - Spoon use the OEM manufacture where ever possible.. Spoon are the only springs I can think of that have been spec'ed through extensive testing on the street and track.

tricker_luke said:
Are Spoon even available other than waiting for the group buy every now and then?
We have 20 sets on order now. They should be ready for collection in Japan at the beginning of December. Shipping is always a bit sporadic around then so I would expect a little longer than normal.

tricker_luke said:
Think that's the group buy so might need a min amount of orders
They are already in production. We no longer wait for the minimum order. We get them ordered then allow customers to make pre orders through the website.

http://www.burnmotorsport.com/products-309/honda/integra-dc5-453/51400-dc5-001.html

kyle'87

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
I'm running the skunk2 race springs that Tegiwa sell.
They certainly drop the car a fair bit.
2.25" front / 2.00" rear
if you don't mind, whats the ride like on standard shocks? (Assuming that's what you are running with the springs)

adamamuk

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
if you don't mind, whats the ride like on standard shocks? (Assuming that's what you are running with the springs)
Yep, on standard shocks mate.

It rides well but it's certainly a lot stiffer than the standard springs.
Does make a hell of a difference to the handling/braking though.
(And of course, it no longer looks like it's on stilts!)

kyle'87

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
Yep, on standard shocks mate.

It rides well but it's certainly a lot stiffer than the standard springs.
Does make a hell of a difference to the handling/braking though.
(And of course, it no longer looks like it's on stilts!)
I'm used to a rough ride, especially from having coil-overs on previous cars.

I've already had passengers complain it is a rough ride on the stock springs :xalright: , Now I wouldn't want to disappoint them by upgrading the springs /s :xgrin:

adamamuk

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
I'm used to a rough ride, especially from having coil-overs on previous cars.

I've already had passengers complain it is a rough ride on the stock springs :xalright: , Now I wouldn't want to disappoint them by upgrading the springs /s :xgrin:
Haha, yea I had coilovers on my previous car (gen 7 Celica) as the standard shocks were pretty crap, but decided on just springs for the Teg as I'd heard good things about the dc5s standard shocks.

I do like a stiff ride (haha, that's sounds wrong) my dad used to have an Elise and I enjoyed the amount of feedback you got through the chassis & the wheel.