Ride Height Tein Flex Question

Jayk

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Had my ride height setup by ABP Motorsport along with the GEO after i installed my Tein Flex Coilovers, with Pillowball top mounts.

Now when ABP set the ride height up, they said they wound the perch as far down as possible on the passenger side rear but it was still 1.5cm higher than the drivers side rear, on which the perch was about 1cm raised.

So the one perch is wound down as much as possible but the ride height is still higher than the other side where the perch is higher.

ABP said if they took the passenger side damper of they would be able to get it lower.

Ive called ABP but the fitter is not there, ive got my car up on the lift but cant see how they would have done it. It doesnt make sense.

Anyone any idea's? Anything to do with adjusting the damping? Maybe one is dampend more than the other, but would this effect the right height?

Im abit, confused.

Cheers
Jay

Jayk

Advanced Member
I take it that is determind by the actual spring and not adjustment? If so the springs both have the same part number.

I have just spoken to someone and they said you need to adjust the height from the top mount, something to wind the piston into the strut.

Anyways ive topped up my oil and off to London, will check this tonight.

Cheers Evs.

Jay

Evs

Advanced Member
Yes that's what I meant. If one is stiffer than the other then you'll get higher ride height with the same perch setting. Of course the springs should be the same side to side but it was the first thing that came into my mind.

I don't understand what they're saying about the top mount tbh. The only thing I can think of there is that the damper rod isn't properly seated in the top mount on one side, maybe it's a pillow ball mount and not sitting flush on the shoulder on the rod, or has a spacer left in somewhere that should have been removed.

Sorry I'm guessing a bit as I don't understand myself tbh :?

LeeH

Advanced Member
deburr said:
Hi,

On the flex you don't adjust the height by compressing the spring like other coilovers, you can adjust the height by winding the the lower ring up and down, its a insert based shock which makes it easier to adjust . Here's the instructions for the ctr it might shed some light.

http://www.tein.co.uk/installation_manu ... /d6a12.pdf
Thats the same as the Buddy Club N+. Its important not to adust the pre load on the srping.............as I found out :lol: :roll:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
maybe they have fitted a rear spring??

there is no reason they cannot set the height correctly unless they are not competent, or there is a genuine mechanical problem, something not seated properly eyc.

fonz600

Advanced Member
I have the same problem with the D2 coilovers I've just fitted.
The bottom collar is sittin gflush with the bottom of the insert on both sides yet one side is 10mm higher than the other.
Gonna have a look tomorrow and measure the distance of the collars at the spring in case one spring has been compressed more than the other.

I bought them 2nd hand and was presuming the previous owner had them set up the same.