Rip in D2 Camberarm

Vtequila

Dutchy
Recently I was changing discbrakes and pads when I suddenly found out that the outer ring at the end of the arm was ripped loose! Luckily I was able to notice this before any worse thing could have happen. I've bought them from FunkyPower back in February, 2012. Please check yours if they are still okay, the faster the better!

Has anyone experienced this before? Check pictures below

tico_87

Advanced Member
Might have to check mine. Didn't know they came out in gold as mine are purple...

hondazzz

Advanced Member
i have seen some other failures on that brand's camber arms but not that one..good job posting this up to let people know.
I used to have d2 for the first months i had the car and then i opted for SPC camber arms as they seem to be better(from the reviews/threads) and even let you bolt back the ABS cable bracket like OEM.

So i would suggest you replacing them with an SPC.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Alloy arnt they?? like lightweight wheel nuts and the like, anything with force will break them. or if they are steel I am surprised :O I opted for steel, at least for a bit more strength rather than weight saving etc. Hardrace seems to be holding up well for me, for over a year know. Driven daily even through salty conditions in our winters. Regular cleaning, copper slip on the threads, and a quick hand brush of hammerite on the metal around the bushes just to coat the unpainted steel parts and all should be good for a while to come. ;) oh, and it has a mount to secure the brake hose too.

Don't cost the earth either.

2ndy

Advanced Member
This thread got me checking mine, not d2 but theyre skunk2 and one of the bushing halfs had popped out. The slip that holds the big washer must have popped off.. Trying to find a replacement clip and washer now :S

discodave22

Advanced Member
You got wonder with companies like these ! How they find it accept to sell products that are going to fail or have failed ! Think I'll be changing my d2s aswell.