Rip-off BP petrol prices

Judley

Advanced Member
Got caught short today between my daily fill up at Tesco :green: I always use either Tesco 99 or Shell V Power but had to put a couple of gallons of BP 97 in today to get me home. Stopped off at Wetherby services and was astonished to see £1.349 per litre ](*,)

I reckon that is about £6.12 per gallon in old money which is obscene [-X Anyone else seen anything this high lately? The local Tesco price when I got home was bad enough at £1.229 per litre but FFS, the BP is only 97 rated anyway :xrealangry:

Rant over....................

rodney

Advanced Member
Wetherby as in Heartbeat :?:

Mate, just as well your not in surrey, I have a nick in my plum everytime I fill up [-X

Judley

Advanced Member
rodney said:
Wetherby as in Heartbeat :?:

Mate, just as well your not in surrey, I have a nick in my plum everytime I fill up [-X
Wetherby oop norf mate, just after Leeds as you go up the A1 :D What prices do you see in Surrey?

larz

Advanced Member
we pay €1.28 per litre at the moment here in the south west of ireland... It's definitely not too bad... I wish it was back down at €1 per litre though :D

DC-5 Mad

£1.47.99p here in trowbridge the next one is a 15 to 20mile round trip to warminster and that's £1.30.99p so hardly worth it. No Vpower around either :roll:

Rob.

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
BP have stopped production of 102 so its the last of their stock
They must have been trying to get shut of last of it then if it was cheap :lol:

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Further oop norf...vpower is £1.249 ltr at Shell garage at White Mare Pool near Gateshead :(

dave7368

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Further oop norf...vpower is £1.249 ltr at Shell garage at White Mare Pool near Gateshead :(
Can you post some of your cheap fuel down south??....

:xlol: :xlol:

ladykb

Advanced Member
South East today I paid £1.33 at an esso for super unleaded! I'm wondering what with these rising prices is anyone tempted to use standard unleaded? I've always used premium but not sure I can justify it any more [-( [-(

dotty

Advanced Member
I'll post a pic later on that I took today, £1.43.9 for V-power (Shell at Barton Stacey, Hampshire.)

kingston

Advanced Member
ladykb said:
South East today I paid £1.33 at an esso for super unleaded! I'm wondering what with these rising prices is anyone tempted to use standard unleaded? I've always used premium but not sure I can justify it any more [-( [-(
BP have always been expensive

How much is Tesco 99?

Once youve worked out the actual extra cost of V over normal, its only a few quid but yes i do use normal if caught short and no it doesnt affect the engine performance

ladykb

Advanced Member
I find this site useful, it's quick to register and when you enter a postcode it will give you the prices for petrol in your local area.

http://www.petrolprices.com/

Example in my area is £1.26 sainsbury to £1.35 esso

Think I'll be filling up at sainsbury and getting the reward points too :D

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Nightmare, i was surprised when i was back in the UK at xmas.............sorry to say that i'm paying i'm paying 28 pence per litre in the Dubai :green: Good for running a V8.