Rmo1A b-pipe noise/rattle?!

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Hiya

The exhaust was bought new about 1 year ago.

The b-pipe when accelerating makes a tinny/rattle noise, it's when when cruising and only happens when the accelerator is depressed.

I'm wondering if it's the silencer on the b-pipe? Anyone had this before?

Any info would be appreciated. It's doing my head in. It's not heat shields btw.

Thanks

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Any tiny cracks in it? I just had rattling issues with my hks and it turned out to be hairline cracks. Had a bit of welding done and problem solved.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Stewlark said:
Any tiny cracks in it? I just had rattling issues with my hks and it turned out to be hairline cracks. Had a bit of welding done and problem solved.
i havent seen any, how did you spot them? i've looked on here and heard that someone else had to have the baffles changed on their RM01A B-pipe.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Is there any performance drop by cutting out the silencer on the b-pipe and welding in a stainless pipe? Obviously it will be louder but I'm sick of this noise now!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Would be interested to know what an unsilenced rm01a sounds like :)

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
UPDATE:

Extensive testing has determined it is a worn water pump bearing ! As the exhaust manifold & cat back are all stainless they carry noise from the engine bay, and so that's why the noise was coming from there.

Could be handy for anyone else with similar issues!

Tomfoolery

Advanced Member
I had a similar issue where my cat had deteriorated and the vibrations carried out to the tail pipe.

I've used 2 buddyclub exhausts and for some reason I've had nothing but trouble with both.
They don't seem to last wether it be components of the exhaust like the brackets etc or the joins and gaskets don't maintain a long term seal.

Tom.

S'arrt

Patch_teg said:
Would be interested to know what an unsilenced rm01a sounds like :)
They sound amazing.. serious step up in noise. I have 3" custom b pipe and it registered 104db at 5.5k. With aem v2.