Road tyre like noise

richie79

Advanced Member
Hey people,I have just noticed this noise recently,it's hard to describe but sounds like road tyre noise but louder coming from the rear,or like wind blowing hard at the front of the car kinda noise,or if u can imagine wind blowing in your ear it's that kinda sound,as I say hard to explain.

Could it be a rear wheel bearing or maybe rear brakes rubbing? I've just had the rear discs and pads done

chrex

Advanced Member
I've had a rumble now for ages. Sounds like a bearing, rubbing discs or a flst...but no matter how hard I look I can't find it. Just got used to it now and ignore it.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Stupid question....its not noisy tyres is it?? I know my dads had some pretty horrific tyres for road noise before. Sounded like the wheels were going to fall off, bearings etc. got the tyres changed...proplem solved. I know it sounds simple but may be worth a shot. See if you can swap wheels with another local dc5 owner to maybe rule it out?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm suffering from the same problem so it will be going in for a check up soon.

As above on the last post, check your tyres. My mechanic reckons V tread patterns cause a lot of road noise and the only way to eradicate the noise is by fitting asymmetrical tyres.

richie79

Advanced Member
thanks for the replys guys i have the standard bridgestone tyres all round,its been fine the last month or so,but started to notice it just lately