Rolling speed

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
Guys,

Just out of interest how do you find your DC5 competes in 30-100 drags against the usual Focus RS, Asrta vxrs, S3's ep3 TR etc

What I found running 220ps with spare type and jack removed it holds the RS and pulls on all other hot hatches in stock form?

All from a 2NA car it is dam quick 'evo mag tested a dc5 and got rubbish times with a 0-60 of 7.1' ? WTF

I find on the 1/4 mile the stage 1 turbo mapped cars still struggle? apart from the RS when mapped.

Now Im pulling on RS's :)

hoping to achieve 105-106mph terminals over the 1/4 that is mighty impresive for a 2ltr NA car with my new mods and semi slicks :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Fair play mate, never had the want to drag mine but you wanna get yourself a lower final drive mine is so much more progressive. Awesome mod, what was your fastest time when your car was stock and what times are you running with a few mods?

Grov

Banned
Do you mean a Mk1 RS? Id be surprised if it was a Mk2. Torque also plays a parts when rolling.

Never really had much of a chance to play, it should beat a Standard S3 quite easily as there 4wd, unless it's the newer 260bhp one.

Mazda 3 mps will probly hurt ya feelings lol.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I used to have an s3,they are very heavy but it's not permanent 4wd.4wd only kicks in when it detects front wheels slipping so in straight line on dry road it's front wheel drive

cameroon95

Advanced Member
After seeing a few videos of an integra side by side against a focus ST I would imagine an RS would definately pull away from an integra??!

Especially on a rolling start when the RS gets its power going? Same with the S3 and MPS

I hold no doubt that the integra is a quick car but I like to be realistic.

gibby85

Advanced Member
After seeing a few videos of an integra side by side against a focus ST I would imagine an RS would definately pull away from an integra??!

Especially on a rolling start when the RS gets its power going? Same with the S3 and MPS

I hold no doubt that the integra is a quick car but I like to be realistic.
Focus ST does not stand a chance against a DC5. I raced two at Crail last year and beat them quite easily. They are really heavy cars and they dont have an LSD.

The RS is a different matter altogether. Considerably faster than the ST, actually a lot faster!

As for an S3. Off the line yes, they are quicker but the DC5 reels it in and WILL pass it.

All cars being standard, obviously.....

Mike_DC5

Advanced Member
The DC5 is a quick car that really only has a lot to prove on a track I guess...will beat alot of higher powered cars around the twisties :)

Grov

Banned
Focus ST does not stand a chance against a DC5. I raced two at Crail last year and beat them quite easily. They are really heavy cars and they dont have an LSD.

The RS is a different matter altogether. Considerably faster than the ST, actually a lot faster!

As for an S3. Off the line yes, they are quicker but the DC5 reels it in and WILL pass it.

All cars being standard, obviously.....
Yeah thats why i thought the OP meant a Mk1 Focus.

St doesn't have much more power and is heavier. To be honest there isn't much in it surely between all these kinda cars.

gibby85

Advanced Member
Yeah thats why i thought the OP meant a Mk1 Focus.

St doesn't have much more power and is heavier. To be honest there isn't much in it surely between all these kinda cars.
ST - 225 bhp .
RS - 301 bhp
S3 - 260 bhp

gibby85

Advanced Member
I know what power they all are mate. It's close between them all except the RS is a good bit quicker, and the new megane 250 is rather quick and the mazda 3.
RS is the quickest by a fair bit.

Out of the other two the DC5 is quicker. The S3 is close but it beats the ST hands down!

The Mazda 3 is surprisingly quick as i found out when i had my DC2!

Grov

Banned
Not that surprising mate, they have 260bhp standard and rather a lot of torque, and they remap to 300 very well.

A standard DC5/DC2 is quite slow in a straight line these days.

gibby85

Advanced Member
Not that surprising mate, they have 260bhp standard and rather a lot of torque, and they remap to 300 very well.

A standard DC5/DC2 is quite slow in a straight line these days.
They make up for it other ways though! :xvtec:

leejw87

Spoon Whore
My mate has a 300hp S14a and upto 4th gear there's not alot in it.... Torque counts for nothing in the lower gears... Where as the DC5 uses its long revs and lower FD to gain pace...

up to about 3rd I can pull on him as when he's changing gear I'm still accelerating but when top of 4th and 5th come into it the higher torque is where it's at....

gibby85

Advanced Member
My mate has a 300hp S14a and upto 4th gear there's not alot in it.... Torque counts for nothing in the lower gears... Where as the DC5 uses its long revs and lower FD to gain pace...

up to about 3rd I can pull on him as when he's changing gear I'm still accelerating but when top of 4th and 5th come into it the higher torque is where it's at....
The dreaded horsepower v torque debate!

raz786

Advanced Member
The 260bhp s3 is quicker than a standard DC5, even a 230-240bhp Teg will be close to it, but even then in 4th the S3 will start to pull ever so slightly. The S3 is very quick, much quicker than an E46 M3 from experience.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
gents, please remember any street racing posts will be deleted on site, keep it to the 1/4

gibby85

Advanced Member
The 260bhp s3 is quicker than a standard DC5, even a 230-240bhp Teg will be close to it, but even then in 4th the S3 will start to pull ever so slightly. The S3 is very quick, much quicker than an E46 M3 from experience.
Can't say that I agree.