Roog91 introducing himself

Roog91

Hej hello everyone,

My name is Igor, i'm 22 years old and i live in Bodegraven, The Netherlands
The mean reason for joining the dc5 Forum is because I want to buy/import a DC5 within a year or so.
I hope to find some new info about these awesome cars. some of my best friends/former old class mates (Car mechanics Class) drive honda's type R (EP3 and DC2) .
My hobby's are photography and waterpolo. I am also one of the Club Photograpfers of the: ''Type R Club Benelux'' witch i love to do in my free time.
During my last photoshoot With the type R club i spoke to Vtequila also a member from here, I am considering for a while now to buy a dc5 and Vtequila was so kind to let me take a seat in the dc5 of himself. from that moment i was sold i have to own a dc5. :xvtec:

On May 10 2014 me and my friends (dc2 and ep3 owner) are coming to visit Japfest2014 in the UK. witch we are very much looking forward to :xgrin: .

Cheers,
Igor Verlaan(Roog91)

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Hope you find the right car soon and make sure you swing by the DC5 stand at japfest!

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Welcome along bud, making the right choice :), good luck with the search. Il be at japfest, as above come and say sup.

Roog91

Javirai1 said:
Hope you find the right car soon and make sure you swing by the DC5 stand at japfest!
Alexander0628 said:
Welcome along bud, making the right choice :), good luck with the search. Il be at japfest, as above come and say sup.
I sure will, I heard there are coming more than 60 dc5's. while in the Netherlands we dont even have 10 dc5's in the whole country.
Japfest is the perfect opportunity to compare the pre against the facelift models. because there is not even one facelift model in the Netherlands.
I like both of them but the facelift is 3K pounds more expensive to buy.

Btw the dc5 will be my first car. I always wanted to save money to buy the car I realy like. for 4 years now i'm traveling with the bicycle/scooter or with the car from my parents.
Last year I graduated from school (Car mechanic) so now a can realy save some money to finaly buy the car I always wanted.

Roog91

dave7368 said:
welkom, i'm sure there will be lots of inspiration on our stand for you..
I saw a video on YT of the dc5 stand last year i'm sure there will be plenty of inspiration out there. :xnworthy:

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Welcome Igor. Now it all makes sense, your hobby being photography!

Just been looking at the link you supplied in the gallery to some of your pictures and they are great. Some very nice cars in the Netherlands and I was surprised to see how big the Type-R following is out there!

Hope you get the car you want :)

Roog91

Thank you for the compliment. Davidpingu, I hope ill be able to upload some pics later on. when i know how its has to be done.
Well i'm just suprised as well to see how massive de following is in the UK. For you guys it is a lot easyer to import some cars from japan because they also have rhd.

Most of the type-r's driving in NL are lhd. but some guys love the JDM type-r so much they got to have a rhd, even it is a little bit more difficult to drive in The Netherlands.

Roog91

This is me sitting in the Tegg of Vtequila, so maybe you will able to spot me on japfest on the dc5 stand.
iám so glad I fit in a dc5 because i'm 195cm tall.

Roog91

A Update on my threat. Sinds last saturday i am a owner of a Honda civic 1,5 vtec e EK3 ( my very first car) i bought the ek3 because i needed a car to go towards work and a dc5 is to expensive for now.
with a ek3 i can save money so i can buy a dc5 some day. ill will upload some pics of the car in a short time.

Roog91

My very first picture of the EK3, what a stunner!! xthumbup remember its just a daily and my first car, The little honda civic '99 has a 1,5 vtec-e engine, Airco, elec windows, radio cd, removeble towhook, its had only covert 118k km (73k miles).

Roog91

There she is in the garage, ready for some fresh rubber on her feet. doing service on your own car is much more fun when you are with friends... the dc2 at the back belongs to a friend of mine.
i first needed to check the car. later this week i wil order some more parts for further service.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
nice to see another dutch member here!

I started out with an ek3 aswell. Handling wise they are pretty good, but after a while it started to feel slow. Had it for 2 years and covered 40k kilometers. Have the dc5 for about 10 months now, best decision I ever made!

Roog91

Ohh Nice so you are dutch to??
The ek3 is fine for now, i realy want a dc5 and I'm sure i will not regred it later. The ek3 has got a full service oil, filters, and the waterpump and the timing belt had been changed.
For now it is a cheap and Nice car to drive. Hopefully i van save some extra money so i can buy a dc5 within 2 years from now.

De foto's die ik gemaakt heb zijn te vinden op:
www.flickr.com/photos/roogs-photos/