Rotrex supersport kit?

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Hi all

New to the DC5 forum, but had my car about 6 months now. I'm craving a bit more power so aiming for the 350hp mark. I'm looking at the eurospec rotrex kit and just wondering what people's opinion are ?

Are they reliable? Car is my daily and don't want it broken 24/7, would a jrsc be a better option?

Any opinions welcome.

kwiatu

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
Hi all

New to the DC5 forum, but had my car about 6 months now. I'm craving a bit more power so aiming for the 350hp mark. I'm looking at the eurospec rotrex kit and just wondering what people's opinion are ?

Are they reliable? Car is my daily and don't want it broken 24/7, would a jrsc be a better option?

Any opinions welcome.
in my opinion turbo would be the best ;)

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Budget though! And don't wanna blow the engine up straight away. Car gets a lot of track use.

spooke

Advanced Member
For reliability you won't get any better than N/A :D

Personally tune the chassis as above else buy something that's already faster..

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I have had my Car rotrexed for about 5 years now 355 bhp and never had any problems. You could probably assemble the kit in parts by yourself cheaper.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
I've come from a 450hp mk2 focus rs so I need a little more power lol. The car will be getting a full set up along with the power, but regardless how much I do, it just isn't a straight line warrior currently!

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Agreed! But no one can deny they aren't fun every now and then and being passed by a Renault megane is never fun.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Well I'm hassling and passing E46/E92 M3's in my NA car so I'd argue you don't need boost. Also at Rockingham I was keeping up with a 320 bhp or so supercharged DC5, maybe 1-2 seconds a lap in it once I got my tyre pressures right.

FireDance

Advanced Member
Had mine on the car for 13 months now & still love it B)

What other mods do you have on the car?