Rpb or mtec brakes?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Just looking at some front brakes for my car. Was just wondering which one to get. Both will be around 150quid

Are rpb discs a direct oem replacement?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Not heard or rpb, but have fitted a few sets of mtec grooved ones which were totally std Brembo discs then machines, so great quality and not badly priced.

Reggie91

Advanced Member

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i use rpb discs with pbs pads as recommended by broposrt (seriously people need to stop quoting areamotirsport lol, they are just a sales team, brosport does all their work and supports the BTCC and civic cup!)

anyway, after taking the teggy out on the EVO triangle this brake set up was great and quite reasonably priced too

doesnt squeal on day to day use either, but when cold just on first start up they obviously arent at their best!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
i use rpb discs with pbs pads as recommended by broposrt (seriously people need to stop quoting areamotirsport lol, they are just a sales team, brosport does all their work and supports the BTCC and civic cup!)

anyway, after taking the teggy out on the EVO triangle this brake set up was great and quite reasonably priced too

doesnt squeal on day to day use either, but when cold just on first start up they obviously arent at their best!
Are PBS pads not a bit harsh on the discs? As they are more track focused?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Are PBS pads not a bit harsh on the discs? As they are more track focused?
only had them a thousand miles or so, but they are fine now im using the car as daily

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Another vote for PBS pads, although I'm using SPD/buddyclub two peice discs which seem to be doing the job.

Too many acronyms around here.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
Another vote for PBS pads, although I'm using SPD/buddyclub two peice discs which seem to be doing the job.

Too many acronyms around here.
lol so true, how are the two piece set ups, supposed to be amazing right? but quite pricey?

we should do a brake test, would be a good comparison between the two combos!

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Well, it's hard for me to compare because I fitted them before the car turned a wheel in this country.

Up for a brake test though, when are you next on track ;)

What I can compare is ds2500 to the PBS. I've not had the PBS really hot yet, but the cold and warm bite blows the ds' out of the water. Very impressed, you won't find a better pad for the price imo.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Just purchased the rpb discs from Tegiwa. Fitting them tomorrow, I was going to say I'll let you know how they are but the other guys have already done that :)

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
RPB are going in mine with HC800 pads. The RPB discs are used in civic cup for 3 years or so now, no issues at all, had them on my EK9 track toy before as well :D

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
I have pbs pads and rpb discs on order from Rob Baker. Is he brosport? Or area motorsport? Lol
hes areamotorsport, he operates out of the same unit as brosport (it is their unit) and they do all work booked through him. so why not just go direct to the brosport guys? lol

dave and mark are absolutely sound too which helps :)

Reggie91 said:
RPB discs and PBS pads it is then. xthumbup
good lad, remember your upgraded brake fluid (i use ATE super blue) and your braided brake lines!

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
hes areamotorsport, he operates out of the same unit as brosport (it is their unit) and they do all work booked through him. so why not just go direct to the brosport guys? lol

dave and mark are absolutely sound too which helps :)
never heard of brosport till you mentioned it

Luke, not quite sure where you've heard that information but you're massively incorrect, oh and I can guess where.

If you look next door, which is not open generally you'll find 6 Civic Cup Cars (None that involve BroSport) if you come to Civic Cup you'll see our team running 7 cars, if you ever go to the BTCC you'll see myself (Rob) with Speedworks motorsport as their data Analyst.

We don't have a ramp next door, and a lot of the bigger jobs Dave/Mark help out a lot with, but you've been fed a fair few lies by someone there.

Also PBS brake pads were developed alongside one of our Civic Cup Customers who owns PBS, the only reason you had them was because I recommended them, no one else there has even drove a car with them on, let alone the extensive testing I've done and my customers have done with them on a Cup Car.

Infact, this will be interesting, who do you think owns the Civic Cup Cars?

Just remember knowledge and testing and developing products for this chassis for 7.5 years is invaluable and you'll struggle to find many that have done more than us.

FYI Next Door.

And at Civic Cup.