RRC porting

Jake Chaplin

Advanced Member
Hi everyone, I've got a RRC inlet manifold but before I'm putting it on I'm wanting to put a 74mm throttle body on.

First question is can the RRC inlet be ported to 74mm? I think it can but not 100% sure

And second, which is the better throttle body the skunk2 or the hybrid racing?

Jake Chaplin

Advanced Member
It will need doing down the line anyway so may aswell do it now whilst I'm sorting out the breathing mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tegiwa Imports

Parts Trader
Jake Chaplin said:
Hi everyone, I've got a RRC inlet manifold but before I'm putting it on I'm wanting to put a 74mm throttle body on.

First question is can the RRC inlet be ported to 74mm? I think it can but not 100% sure

And second, which is the better throttle body the skunk2 or the hybrid racing?

I believe you can get very close, I'd possibly look at another manifold option though rather than porting. Look at the Skunk2 Ultra Street, its already 74mm :)

Jake Chaplin

Advanced Member
I've had a look, it's just that I already have a RRC that's all.

Which is the best one to go for? RRC or the skunk2? Or another one?

Fez

Advanced Member
I guess it depends on your build. But if you think you'll need a 74mm TB later, then the Sk2 mani might be a better option... And looks way better lol.

Let me know if you want to sell the RRC 🙊😂

Jake Chaplin

Advanced Member
I'll be boosting at some point so just want the best one

Message me an offer then if I decide to get the skunk2, it's brand new with adapter plate ;)

integraleo

Advanced Member
Why are people obsessed with getting huge tb's? Really not needed on k20 guys. Ask ceri with her 370hp one still on oem tb

kazmo

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Ive seen oem with over 400.
daves is way over 400 with oem inlet and tb i think....? best check though. waste of money upgrade if you intend to go FI

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
daves is way over 400 with oem inlet and tb i think....? best check though. waste of money upgrade if you intend to go FI
Thats who i was referring to. :)

I imagine driving on a 74mm throttle body would ruin the useability of it too? I wouldn't bother atall either.

DanM

I was going to use an RRC with 74mm Skunk2 TB but fitted a Skunk2 intake and 70mm TB which seemed to work well, especially at higher revs.

I still have the RRC ported to 74mm and the matching 74mm Skunk2 TB if anyone fancies trying it out?

Jake Chaplin

Advanced Member
That's literally what I've got now, got an RRC which will be getting ported to the 74mm to match the 74mm skunk2.

Will see how it goes