RRC worth the money over RBC?

bud

Is the RRC really worth the money over the RBC?

Done a search and haven't really found to much about them being fitted to a DC5.

I know they make more power but is that power all over the rev range? Also its twice the price of an RBC so i could always just port an RBC and add decent 70mm TB to make up the extra power?

Honda orignal parts are selling for £455 part number 17100-RRC-000

Would be interested to hear peoples views

Thanks

Dan

timp

Advanced Member
Unless you are looking to gain every last drop of power from the mill then messing with the inlet is probably not worth the money, although that said and done if you were to find someone who can improve on the flow of the head or with better cams then it maybe

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
The RBC is still the most cost effective option IMO

For the price of an RRC you could have an RBC and a throttle body.

TimB

Advanced Member
have you looked at the Torque difference? the RRC gives much better torque and at lower rpm, just a thought?

bud

Can anyone supply some Dyno before and after with RRC? Does anyone even have an RRC fitted to a DC5?

alfa27

Advanced Member
I have the rrc fitted, will be on the dyno next month, no before reading tho.

pwjphotography.co.uk

Has anyone looked at getting them from the states? They are around £300 over there, shipping wouldn't be too much but I'm guessing the tax is where you'd get stung, anyone know how to work it out?

TimB

Advanced Member
before 225 bhp after 250 with ARC airbox and RRC, however the torque is 180 lb ft after. These figures are from different dyno's and I do not have the before graph, this is on standard cams with standard manifold and cat with a TODA cat back.

George K

Advanced Member
I paid £400 including VAT from a friendly UK dealer with a bit of discount. The improvement over a PRC was quite small, but importantly for me it improved the bottom end (unlike the RBC) as well as hanging on better at the top end. Idle was not a problem as Karcepts make a variation of the RBC adaptor with a by pass port already machined. My figures are not as good as Tim B's, despite both being set up at TDiNorth, and as far as I know we have both retained the Cat. This is not a reflection on TDi, as Paul went to a lot of trouble mapping it - Tim's set up is slightly different in terms of intake (ARC vs AEM long) and exhaust Toda vs Spoon B. Would I do it again - jury's out.

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
I paid £400 including VAT from a friendly UK dealer with a bit of discount. The improvement over a PRC was quite small, but importantly for me it improved the bottom end (unlike the RBC) as well as hanging on better at the top end. Idle was not a problem as Karcepts make a variation of the RBC adaptor with a by pass port already machined. My figures are not as good as Tim B's, despite both being set up at TDiNorth, and as far as I know we have both retained the Cat. This is not a reflection on TDi, as Paul went to a lot of trouble mapping it - Tim's set up is slightly different in terms of intake (ARC vs AEM long) and exhaust Toda vs Spoon B. Would I do it again - jury's out.
Do you have a dyno chart from TDI you can share George?

rascal69

Advanced Member
Hmmmm interesting.
I quite fancy a rrc and then maybe get it ported and polished for more hp.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
How? Fit it yourself.

Remap won't be that dear.
i would fit it myself, but i would want to go 70mm bore so that means a 70mm tb. would need the adaptor (karcepts one look decent)

doesnt the intake manifold need cutting as well?

did you fit yours?

alfa27

Advanced Member
I bought mine ready to go on, fitted it myself.

I kept standard tb as my tuner told me a larger tb would see min gains so did not bother.

alfa27

Advanced Member
member on here, was for sale for ages and surprised no one got it before me tbh.

kazmo

Advanced Member
am i missing the point of how yr dyno graph proves rrc is better than rbc? which is what the original question was... 250 is easily acheivable with a rbc