RSX Center Console Drinks Holder/Coin Tray

H_5hum

Advanced Member
I have been wondering about this for some time now.

Coming from a Yaris with a million cubby holes with lots of places to put things in, then to the Teg with just 2 cup holders in the front it is taking me some time to get used to.

Has anyone tried sourcing and fitting one of the RSX Cup Holder/Coin trays in the UK?

Here is a link to a pic on Google: RSX Tray

Based mainly on photos on ebay listings and a couple of threads on the RSX forum it seems that our Type R center consoles are completely different to the RSX ones.

Our Type R ones are smaller/Thinner so the Recaros can fit, The RSX is larger with an extra cup holder in the back and moulded tray to put stuff in - but i was wondering if anyone has tried fitting just the tray?

My conclusion is probably not, as Type R Gear stick surround and cup holders is one peice, where as the RSX one is divided - but it would be interesting to see if anyone else has done this.

Here are a couple of links to what I am referring to - ignore the prices at this point!

Link 1

Link 2

art23

Advanced Member
Cup holder won't fit on ITR console. Maybe need to find the whole console for RSX. Probably will be gap in upper side of cup holders :)

H_5hum

Advanced Member
I was hoping that wasnt the case!

I read about the gap on one of the RSX threads. Someone fitted an ITR Center Console in their RSX.

Guess I will have to just make do lol

H_5hum

Advanced Member
EP2/3 ones are really good - love the storage space in them. But that's because the Gear stick is in a different location allowing more space!

Devapage

U will better off putting the whole console it will fit along with the recaros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Buy one of those JDM drink holders that sit in the vents

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Rfefs
Devapage said:
U will better off putting the whole console it will fit along with the recaros
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been told that the handbrake location or fitment is different between the Type R & S?

hollowaydc5 said:
Buy one of those JDM drink holders that sit in the vents
Lol i would have if i was after more drink holders!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
H_5hum said:
Rfefs

I've been told that the handbrake location or fitment is different between the Type R & S?

Lol i would have if i was after more drink holders!
Ah I thought you wanted more cup holders my bad

SamDC5

Advanced Member
How much stuff do you have btw? My car is empty I find there's too many places to put things in the teg lol

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Lol not a lot!

I like to empty my pockets when I'm driving so my wallet doesn't get wedged between my leg and the bolster, and same for my phone - or so it doesn't slide out of my pocket and fall under the seat.

I know there is space in the Door panel, but I get funny with putting valuables there as I always think it would fall out when I open the door or something.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I do the same as I like to keep my bolsters pristine. My wallet always goes in the lower panel of the door and my phone on the passenger seat. Depending on your phone my also fits nicely in the cup holder haha

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Yeah I have a Sony Xperia Z5 which fits nicely in the upper small slot on the door panel. But Paranoia means I don't.

It just fits in the Cup holder, but if i corner hard it flies out lol.

I also found out that the RHD Type S center console does (or should) fit the ITR, so I may look around to see if I can source one.