Rsx type s

knighty2189

Advanced Member
Hey guys, this has probably been asked a million times but can't seem to find any reliable answers, basically I'm looking at purchasing a cat back system from the states, but there all listed as rsx type s, just wondering if anybody knows if these will fit our tegs without any hassle, cheers in advance

art23

Advanced Member
Something like that :) Many parts, are the same. For example, facelift rsx s have little less compression in engine. Cams are the same like in itr and fd2r. Big minus that rsx s dont have LSD from factory. I dont know why people thinking about rsx, that this is american car, but all vin codes shows JH ( means that car was made in JAPAN, not in US like CIVIC FG2 )

Chewy

Advanced Member
Which system are you after? As I believe someone has had a Megan racing system and that fit without any issues.

Edit;

Reason I'm asking is quite a few European based companies (mostly Germany and Netherlands) sell RSX systems, so you could potentially dodge some heavy Import taxes ordering through them as opposed to doing it personally.

knighty2189

Advanced Member
Ahh right, thanks for the info guys, and I was looking at a HKS high power system, as I can't seem to locate a seller within the UK, I was originally thinking of getting a ep3 system and having it tweaked to fit, but I'd rather just buy a system that fits straight out the box

Chewy

Advanced Member
Ah, that's a bit more of a tricky one, haha.

1. You could always try the usual channels, RE Spirit, Injection Imports...

2. I believe Sumo Power is also a UK HKS dealer, so worth a try there.

3. I found this the other night, http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/hks-998.html - I've never used them personally and I don't know if the website listings are correct but worth an ask at that price.

4. Check out Tegiwa's International dealers... http://www.tegiwaimports.com/dealers.html

I sat there one night going through all of their European dealers websites and that's how I found quite a large stock of US systems for sale, time consuming but I found some pretty nice parts available that way.

knighty2189

Advanced Member
Cheers for that chewy, that garagewifbitz seems a reasonable price but can't choose between dc2 and dc5, so worth a phone call tomorrow too see what the crack is, just fancie a HKS as its abit different and fell in love with it ever since I heard the smokehoes ep3 for the 1st time :)

knighty2189

Advanced Member
Tried a few places but to no joy, from what I gather its discontinued for the dc5 :( but there still available for the ep3, I know they would need tweaking to make fit, but does anybody know exactly what it involves? As I really want the hks system, if not I'll have a look round the custom exhaust companies and see if they can fabricate something that looks similar, ie tailpipe size and angle

donzooo

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Which system are you after? As I believe someone has had a Megan racing system and that fit without any issues.

Edit;

Reason I'm asking is quite a few European based companies (mostly Germany and Netherlands) sell RSX systems, so you could potentially dodge some heavy Import taxes ordering through them as opposed to doing it personally.
I had the Megan Racing system. Had to pay around 50 quid import tax on top of what I bought it for.